XVI: Act

Camellia's POV

"Miss, I'm back."

"Finally." I mumbled under my breath as I twisted the locks. I swear, if I stayed in the washroom for another minute, one of those pompous ladies will get someone to break the door down sooner or later, fake diarrhea or no. I would be dead for sure then, because it has never occured to me that I should have hidden my black hair. A hood isn't a very good cover, I realised that now.

I yanked open the door. "What took you-"

I freeze when I saw who was at the door.

It was not the white haired commoner girl as I expected, but a refined young lady with braided brown hair, wearing a pink dress and gold earrings.

And carrying a luggage bag large enough to carry a person in it.

I slammed the door shut.

"U-uh?" The lady's voice was pitched high with confusion. "Miss?! Why did you...?"

"Who are you? I don't know you!"

"I...I'm Lillian, Miss." I could hear chuckling. "It's a disguise."

Oh.

Well...

"Why didn't you say so earlier?" I accused as I opened the door, stepping aside to let the still laughing girl enter. I glare at her. "Hey, it's not my fault I didn't recognise you, you look completely different!"

"That's the point of a disguise, Miss."

No shit sherlock, was what I wanted to say, but I opted for just rolling my eyes and snatching over the huge, heavy bag to raid the contents inside it...

"Why did you buy so much for?"

There were sets of makeup that filled a third of the bag, with brushes of varying sizes, a palette of varying shades of red and brown, lipsticks, circular containers of something. I don't know what those are. Reaching my hand deeper, I fished out a diamond necklace, a pearl necklace, small boxes containing sparkling rings and earrings, many, many boxes of pins. Oh, and wigs. Almost every colour is in here. A brown and white sun hat too.

"Just in case we need to change."

"Do we really need this much change of everything?" I pulled out a sky blue sun dress from the other compartment, and a yellow one as well. A red clutch bag...a brown vest, cream shirt, black pants, and more. I could feel a vein bulge on my forehead as I threw it all back in. "Last I checked, we are going to the Academy for the entrance trials, not a holiday." I deadpanned.

Lillian bends down beside me, takes out a short blonde wig and holds it by my head. "You've said it before, the Academy is a place for nobles. Don't you think that some of them will think of it as a field trip? Even if we fail, we are still allowed to stay on the Island for a few days. Besides, I think you can play the part of an arrogant noble just fine."

"Oh piss off." I snatched the wig out of her hand, dusting off a small cloud of brown. "Was this pulled from storage or something? It's so dusty."

"I...dropped the stuff by accident." Lillian explains sheepishly. "It wasn't on purpose! Someone knocked into me so..."

"Whatever." I waved a hand, before feeling the inside of the wig. "I've heard wigs may be itchy?"

"No worries." She reassures. "Your jewellery sold very, very well-"

"I can see that."

"...It's the most gold I've ever been handed in my entire life." Lillian continues, ignoring my comment. "All these items here are used by minor nobles, so the quality is quite good."