Chapter 6: Survival test

~Vega's PoV~

It was 5 in the morning already. I was late. Rigel woke me up. I prepared myself really quickly and went downstairs only to see... Kakashi? He was reading a book. So I decided to take my time and slowly walked to the training ground, i found Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke that were already here and Naruto pointed a finger at me accusing me that I was late. I replied that Kakashi wasn't there so I wasn't late either.

Two hours later Kakashi appeared out of nowhere and with a hand raised up he greeted us.

Naruto and Sakura yelled at him that he was late and I chuckled a bit. Kakashi instead invented an excuse, that a black cat crossed his path so yeah.

Typical Kakashi.

"Today's assignment is to take these bells away from me by noon" he said taking out three bells from his pocket. "Those who can't do it won't get lunch, they'll be tied to that poles and I will eat my lunch before your very eyes" he continued while our stomachs growled.

I was hungry!

"Hold on, why there are only three bells?" Sakura asked.

"There are only two so at the very least, one will have to go to the logs. That person will be disqualified for failing the mission... and will return to the academy" he replied. "You won't be able to take the bells unless you come with the intent to kill me"

"That would be too easy, you couldn't even evade a chalkboard eraser!" Naruto said confident.

"In this world, those who aren't skilled enough tend to complained more. Begin when I say 'start'" Kakashi explained. I chuckled a bit, Kakashi was right but I felt sorry for Naruto.

Naruto quickly pulled out his kunai and charged over to Kakashi, who quickly brought Naruto's hand behind his head. I widened my eyes, he was quick!

"Don't be so hasty. I didn't say start, yet" Kakashi said.

After explaining stuff to Naruto he told us to start so we went hiding. Rigel stayed where the clock was to watch us.

I was thinking why only three bells instead of four... maybe... just maybe... he want to put us against each other on purpose? Yes! That might be it! The real intent of this exam is team work!

I later saw Naruto charging at Kakashi after they said some stuff, while Kakashi was bringing out something, later found to be the weird book he was reading this morning. Naruto asked confused whats with the book and Kakashi replied he wanted to know what happens next then said something about with us being his opponents it was no difference if he was reading or not.

Naruto clenched his fists and continued charging towards Kakashi who only stopped Naruto, then he kicked turning around but Kakashi avoided that as well, lastly he threw a punch only to see Kakashi being at his back with the 'tiger' handisgn. Maybe he wanted to make a jutsu? Me and Sakura yelled at him to get away but it was too late. Kakashi charged his hands in Naruto's butt and he went flying in the water. I wanted to laugh hard but tried to not.

~Time skip~

I went to Naruto only to see him upside down with his feet tied to a rope. I decided to throw a kunai at the rope and he fell down like a sausage. I told him about team work but he refused, replying that he wanted to do this alone if he wanted to be hokage. I left to search Sakura but I found her fainted on the ground. Last chance... I went to search for Sasuke but I found him with his head sticking out of the ground. I chuckled a bit and he glared at me. So I helped him and explained about team work but he refused too saying I would be a burden and slow him down.

Ok.

I went to Kakashi and he said that i went alone. I explained to him that I understood the meaning of this exercise and what happened until the alarm went off. So we went to the point where we met this morning and we saw Naruto tied to a pole.

"Well, there's no need for you guys to go back to the academy" Kakashi explained while Sakura and Naruto started cheering and Sasuke hn'ed.

"The three of you, except Vega must quit being ninjas! That's because you're all kids who dont have the qualifications to become ninja. Also, Naruto you refused Vega's request to teamwork and for you Sasuke, is the same thing, you thought she would be a burden to you" He continued, I smiled but felt sorry for all them.

Suddenly Sasuke ran towards Kakashi but he ended up being under him, that was sitting on Sasuke.

"Are you kids thinking that being a ninja is easy? Huh? Why do you think you're doing this exercise in teams? Missions are carried out in squads! There's no mistaking that ninjas need unsurpassed individual skills... but 'teamwork' is considered more important than that. Individual actions that disrupt teamwork throw the team into crisis and lead to death... for example" he said picking out a kunai and put it in front on Sasuke's throat. "Vega, kill Naruto or else Sasuke dies" Kakashi said as he continued to explain.

"Teamwork is the word guys" I said smiling.

"You guys, passed" Kakashi said smiling.

At those words Naruto and Sakura were speechless but cheered and Sasuke was impassible like always.

"Team 7 will be starting doing missions from tomorrow" Kakashi said with a thumbs up.

So I untied Naruto from the rope and we went home to rest.

~~~

Hey again! Thanks for reading this chapter! I apologise if there are some errors but as said before english is not my main language. Cheers,

UpriseDragon