Chapter 23: The final match

~Vega's PoV~

"C'mon Vega, wake up!" My cyan exceed said, flying in circles above my head.

"Aww, just a little bit more, Rigel!" I said to her tiredly.

"But today it's the final round!" I gasped and got out of the bed.

I totally forgot that.

I noticed that Kakashi wasn't home.

I quickly went to my morning routine, picked up my summoning scroll putting it on my back and ran towards the arena.

~Time skip~

I finally arrived at the arena and wow, I must admit that there were lots of people.

Some of the participants weren't there like, Dosu, Naruto and Sasuke.

Soon I noticed someone flying from the door, and saw... Naruto sliding on the floor?

Showy entrance, huh?

He got up and I waved at him. He waved back. Then he got near to me and Shikamaru.

"Hmm? Where's Sasuke?" Naruto questioned.

"The Dosu guy I'm supposed to fight isn't there, either" Shikamaru replied.

Soon the hokage spoke up.

"Everyone, thank you very much for coming to the Hidden Leaf village chunin exam. We will now begin the 'final round' matches for the ten who made it trough the preliminaries! Please watch until the end!"

"I have something to tell you before the match. Look at this" the proctor showed us a paper with a slight change of the people who fight.

Then the proctor started explaining about the rules, basically the same as the preliminaries.

"So, the first match is Vega vs Riroga Inugami. Just those two remain and the rest go to the waiting room. Now then, round one, begin!"

"Good luck, Vega! Beat him up!" Naruto said going to the waiting room.

"I'll beat you up! I'll avenge my sister's fail in the preliminaries!"

Okay...?

My opponent has short gray hair, green eyes, his chest bare and white pants. He, like his sister has a katana on his back.

Probably their clan's habit to use katanas.

~~~Warning: bad written fighting scene ahead~~~

As the proctor told us to begin, we rushed towards each other and engaged a taijutsu battle but we were completely equal, so after a while of taijutsu we backflipped away getting both in a fighting stance.

"Heh, you're not that bad, but...! I'm still better than you!" Riroga said.

"You can't tell that yet!" I replied.

"Celestial dragon's roar!"

"Water style: water barrier!"

A water wall emerged from the soil underneath and dissolved my attack.

Uh. Water is really bad against my plasma based attacks.

I threw him some kunais and rushed towards him. I had to try that. While he was busy dodging I tried to hit him.

"Celestial dragon's iron fist!"

I hit Riroga directly in his stomach sending him fly against the arena wall and sliding down.

He got up and clenched his fists.

"That... that hurts!"

He glared at me evilly and started making handsigns.

"Water style: water wolves!"

"Lightning style: thunderdogs!"

Our wolves and dogs clashed with each other making his wolves splash and my dogs dissolve.

"Lightning style: lightning blade!"

I made a lightning blade appear out of my hand and it clashed with Riroga's katana.

Since he was stronger than me he pushed me back, made a cut on my right arm and I fell on the ground.

As I got up he quickly kicked me in the gut and I slammed into a wall painfully.

We engaged again in a small taijutsu battle and I gritted my teeth, since the stinging sensation from the cut.

We backstepped and he quickly made handsigns.

"Fire style: fire wolves!"

He made appear three wolves of fire that jumped on me and bit and cut me on my left arm.

Fire... I could maybe try and summon him...

I picked up the scroll on my back and with my cuts blood I drew a line on the scroll and some smoke appeared. I noticed that what I summoned was not him but a red sock.

Riroga burst out laughing looking at the face I made failing to summon him.

"Oh my! I thought... you would summon... who knows what... but... that's just... a mere sock! This is... fun! Ahaha!" He managed to say between chuckles.

Then I remembered that I should use something that recalls the summon, so I tried again putting my scale bracelet on the scroll and with my blood I striped the scroll again.

This time a lot of smoke appeared as my opponent just shut up seeing what or who I had summoned.

He had pink hair, black vest with almost bare chest, white scarf and his red guild stamp...

"Natsu!" I yelled hugging him tightly.

"Hey Vega... don't tell me you managed to transport me into the ninja world?" He said slightly concerned.

"Uhm... yes!"

"Ahem, I'm still over there!" Riroga said.

"Who is he? And why are you all cut? Did he hurt you or something?" Natsu asked.

"Well, I'm in a fight with him right now, I will explain all later" I said scratching the back of my neck.

"How dare you hurting my precious guildmate Vega!" Natsu said glaring at Riroga.

"Let's beat him up, shall we?"

"Alright!"

Riroga looked at us evilly and started making handsigns at high speed.

"Fire style: fire fall!"

A huge amount of fire was sent towards us, like a waterfall.

"Shall we eat that?" I said confidently.

"Of course!" Natsu said grinning.

We then started eating the fire, shocking the entire arena.

I felt refreshed.

"I'm all fired up!" We said in unison.

"Celestial dragon's roar!/Fire dragon's roar!"

Our roars combined, creating a unison raid, that hit Riroga and sent him flying and hit a wall. Needless to say, he didn't get up.

The medics ran up to my now passed out opponent and me and Natsu give each other five while we were heading towards the waiting room.

Here Naruto hugged me and greeted Natsu, I presented them to each other before Naruto's match began. We wished him good luck as he went into the arena to fight Neji Hyuga.

~~~

And since I can't write such a long fight (4 episodes) I will elencate all the winners here, before Sasuke's fight.

Neji Hyuga vs Naruto Uzumaki: Naruto won.

Shikamaru Nara vs Temari: Temari won.

~~~

Hey everyone! Thanks for reading this chapter! If you liked it, don't forget to follow, vote and comment, I'd really appreciate it! This being said, see you in the next chapter, cheers,

UpriseDragon