Chapter 25: Tracking Sasuke down

~Vega's PoV~

"That Sasuke, getting all impatient!" Naruto said.

"So, why am I pulled into this?! This is such a drag!" Shikamaru complained.

"It's Kakashi sensei's orders" I said.

Then we turned right (or left, in the series one ep turned right the next left)

"How long will it be until we catch up?" Naruto asked, impatient.

"I don't know. He is moving at a pretty good speed" Pakkun explained.

"Darn it!"

~Time skip~

After a while jumping from branch to branch, Pakkun noticed something.

"Hey! Hurry it up, you guys!"

"Huh? What is it?"

"Did you find Sasuke?"

"No! There are eight people in two squads behind us... no... there's one more... there are nine people following us"

"C'mon, already?! Give me a break!" Shikamaru complained.

Then Pakkun stopped and made go backwards on our footprints so is seems they disappeared.

Soon we were talking about ambushes but it was no use. Shikamaru explained about two conditions to make an ambush but we can't do.

"And so, there's only one thing we can do now... a diversion in the guise of an ambush. One person will remain, pretend to ambush, and delay the pursuers. If we delay them, they won't be able to grasp the positions of the remaining four. If we do that, we'll be able to shake off our pursuers, but the one who has become the bait will probably... die" Shikamaru explained while we all stopped.

After a while of silence he finally decided to speak up.

"So, who's going to do it?"

"I'll..." I got interrupted by pineapple boy.

"I guess it has to be me"

"Shikamaru?"

"It's better than being wiped out, right? Besides, among us, who has the possibility of surviving is me or Vega. Shadow possession jutsu is an art originally intended as a delay tactic, so... well, I'll catch up later! Now get going!" Pineapple boy explained.

"We're counting on you, Shikamaru!"

He raised a hand to say goodbye, then we turned back and left.

~Time skip~

"What was that noise?" Sakura asked.

"An explosion... perhaps it was a trap set for Sasuke" Pakkun explained. He had dropped on Naruto's head.

"I wonder if he's okay..." Sakura said, worried.

"Don't worry... he wouldn't get bumped off so easily" Naruto reassured.

We then started going again.

~Time skip~

"Sasuke's movements have stopped! There's still quite a bit of distance, though..." Pakkun said.

Pakkun started sniffing again.

"This is..."

"Shampoo, again?"

"No, it's Sasuke. There are several smells near him. He caught up... he totally stopped moving. Is he going to fight with them?!"

After another while following Sasuke, Pakkun suddenly stopped causing Naruto to hit a tree.

"The scents of Sasuke and the other two... are quickly moving away! It smells like Sasuke is chasing those two people..." Pakkun explained.

He also explained that the other two that are stopped, they engaged in a fight, so to avoid it we will take a slightly longer way to catch up to our teammate. Naruto complained but he surrendered soon after.

That's a lot of pursuing.

~Time skip~

We finally saw Sasuke but he was collapsed on a tree branch and I saw that a beastman that was attacking him. That's until Naruto kicked the beastman in his face.

The beastman had a giant arm and tail made out of sand with blue/purple veins surrounding them. It turned out he was Gaara.

Me and Sakura went to help Sasuke and we were shocked that he had the curse mark spread. He couldn't get up.

"Sakura! Vega! This guy... who is he?!" Naruto asked.

"Naruto... he is... Gaara" I replied with worry.

"I see you're... the ones I failed to kill that time"

"L-let's run! Everyone!"

Gaara then dashed towards Sasuke and Sakura put herself in between Gaara and Sasuke to defend him.

"Sakura, run!" I yelled.

I took Sasuke and put him in a safer place. Sakura, in the attempt to defend Sasuke got pinned to a tree by Gaara's claw.

"Darn! Darn! What the heck should we do?!" Naruto muttered.

"I'll fight! You help Sasuke and Sakura!" I said to Naruto.

"Lightning style: lightning blade!"

I tried to cut off Gaara's claw but he quickly dodged it and left off Sakura, that was falling down and being caught by Naruto.

"What are those three for you?"

"They are my friends! And I will fight for them!"

I saw Gaara's eyes as he glared at me. If before they were filled with loneliness and sadness, now they're pretty much filled with hatred and rage.

He quickly dashed towards me and with high speed hit me in my chest. I coughed up blood as I hit a tree.

"Celestial dragon's roar!"

He made a shield to protect himself from the attack.

Ugh... he's so strong!

He quickly moved behind me and hit me again, I went trough several trees before fainting on a branch.

~Time skip~

As I woke up I felt someone supporting me, I saw Sasuke that helped me to sit up.

"Thanks Sasuke" I smiled.

"Hn, no problem" he gave me a soft smile. I blushed slightly.

Sure he became more friendly with me since our training. That's why he's now my best friend!

"Anyways where's Gaara? And is Sakura okay? And Naruto?" I asked worried.

"Naruto defeated Gaara and I left Sakura with Pakkun a few moments ago" he explained.

"Alright, I'm going to check on Sakura" I said.

Then he probably left where Naruto and Gaara were.

After a while he came back with Naruto saying that Gaara wanted to apoligize to me and Sakura.

~~~

Hey everyone! Thanks for reading this chapter! If you liked it, don't forget to follow, vote and comment, I'd really appreciate it! This being said, see you in the next chapter, cheers,

UpriseDragon