Chapter 16: The first test

~Vega's PoV~

"I'm Ibiki Morino, proctor for the first test of the chunin exam" Ibiki introduced himself. "Now then, we will start the first test of the chunin exam! Turn in your applications, take one of these number cards in exchange, and sit in the seat matching that number. After that, we will hand out the paper for the written test!"

"Written... paper..." Naruto mumbled. "Paper test?!" He freaked out in realisation. I couldn't help but chuckle behind my hand.

I was sit next to Temari, behind me there was Sakura, in front of me Sasuke and two seats in front of me, Naruto and Hinata.

"There are several important rules to this first test. I will take no questions, so listen accordingly!" Ibiki started explaining.

Basically there were ten points for each problem, if we get three wrong we get seven points. Up there was all fine until Ibiki told us the second rule. The pass or failure will be determined by the total points of the team.

I then saw Sakura slamming her head against the desk.

Ibiki then proceeded to explain the most important rule. We will get two points deducted each time we get caught cheating and in case if one person of the team gets zero points the whole team will fail.

Ugh...

We are getting a last problem forty five minutes after the start of the test.

"Begin!"

I saw the problems and thought not even a chunin could answer these. Maybe they want us to cheat? And gather information without getting caught? That's a possibility. But there are lots of chuunin looking at who would cheat.

Thank goodness I have Rigel with me.

"Are you ready, Rigel?" I whispered my partner while putting her on top of my head.

"Aye! I'm always ready!" She whispered back.

She started inspecting and found someone that was filling the test for good, and she whispered me the answers. I noticed that Sasuke was using his sharingan to cheat and Naruto was freaking out. Thanks to my hearing I was hearing Hinata that was offering Naruto to copy her test, but he refused.

Jeez Naruto, why...?

At ten minutes from the end I noticed that Temari had still her test blank so I slipped my test under my arm to make her copy. She nodded at me in acknowledgment.

As the test time went off Ibiki started talking again.

"Let me explain! These are... the hopeless rules!" He started. "First, you guys will have to choose whether or not you will take this 10th question!"

"What, choose?! What happens if you choose not to take the 10th exam?" Temari asked.

"If you chose not to take the exam, then your score will be zero. In other words, you fail! And of course, the same goes for the two others in the same group! And... one more rule... if you chose to take it and are unable to answer it correctly, then you will have to... relinquish your right of taking the chunin exam forever" Ibiki explained.

I would be able to reply correctly but Naruto?

Then lots of teams quitted the exam.

Soon he raised his hand and I thought that we will be doing the exam next time. Maybe it's for the best.

That was until he slammed his hand on the table.

I sweatdropped at it but was relieved after all.

"Don't underestimate me! I won't run! I'll take it! But even if I'm stuck being a genin forever, I will become hokage no matter what it takes! I'm not scared!" Naruto yelled as he stood up.

He cheered up all the remaining participants so no one quitted anymore.

"I like your determination! Then... for those who are still here... the first exam... you have passed it!"

Yay!

After Ibiki explaining us how important is gathering information, something or... someone... break in from the window.

"You guys! This isn't the time to be celebrating! I'm the proctor for the second exam! Anko Mitarashi! Let's move onto the next stage! Next! Follow me!"

"Read the atmosphere" Ibiki said to her.

I chuckled behind my hand. She reminds me of Naruto!

"79?! Ibiki! You let 26 teams slide by? I guess, the first exam this time around was too easy. I'll drop more than half of them in the second exam! I'm getting excited. I'll give you the details tomorrow. We'll be changing locations, so get information from your jonin about the location and the time! That's it. You're dismissed" Anko explained with a serious tone.

~Time skip~

The next day we were arrived at the predetermined place. It seemed fenced forest. Maybe it was dangerous. I didn't trust this at all.

"W-what is this place?!" Naruto questioned.

"This is the location for the 'second exam', the 44th training field. Also known as... the forest of death"

~~~

Hey everyone! Thanks for reading this chapter! If you liked it, don't forget to follow, vote and comment, I'd really appreciate it! This being said, see you in the next chapter, cheers,

UpriseDragon