epigraph

Sekhani Reed always struggled with many things, his social anxiety and bluntness being the two most irritating. It seemed to be the two things that set him back in life.

Whereas people tended to group in threes when it came to friendships, Sekhani could barely hold a conversation to make one single friend. But he had Phoebe and he still has no idea how the girl tolerates him. He barely talks and when he does talk, his words are unfiltered and unintentionally rude but Phoebe looks past that. She says that it's what makes him unique.

Sekhani's sexuality wasn't particularly public knowledge but the boy knew that he always found himself looking at males rather than females. Some would say he was gay, some would say he was bisexual but he liked to think that he is simply appreciative. He didn't see what the big deal was about genders. If he wanted to appreciate a female's curves or gentleness, he would. If he wanted to appreciate a male's muscles and smooth talk, he would. He was simply appreciative of everyone that he came in contact with and I suppose that is why people like the quiet boy.

When his name is mentioned, people tend to get this faraway look and soft smile. How could you possibly harbour anything but positive feelings to someone as precious as Sekhani Reed? Though the boy kept to himself, he was liked by everyone that knew him.

And maybe that's what got Edward Cullen curious. He always saw the freckled boy sitting with a female, who always seemed to be doing the talking between the two. It was obvious the boy didn't fancy speaking that much. But whenever someone looked his way or was in his general presence,their thoughts would be filled with nothing short of adoration towards the boy. It confused Edward to no end. What was so special about this boy that everyone seemed to be fond of him?

So he made arrangements with the Biology teacher that cloudy Monday to switch partners and he sat besides the freckled boy. The boy slowly turned to watch him and Edward could hear his breathing hitch and his heartbeat spike;he was nervous.

Edward looked at Sekhani and gave him a soft smile, his voice smooth and alluring,"Hello. I'm Edward Cullen, you're Sekhani?"

A/N: You guys have no idea how excited I am to write Sekhani's character.

This book is currently being edited, upon completion of a chapter being edited, there will be a check mark placed by the chapter title. Happy reading!