seize ✓

Seize: The Hunt

Seize: The Hunt.

Edward's car| A road in Forks

"What do you mean he's 'hunting' me, Rosalie?" Sekhani stared at his friend in horror.

"You know that our kind has special abilities. James' ability is tracking. Once he's tethered to you, he can always find you and he takes joy in that. He likes hunting down his prey." Edward's words were spoken through gritted teeth, his anger brewing.

"I'm sorry, so I'm going to die?" Sekhani's blue eyes welled up with tears as his heart constricted in fear.

Edwards's head snapped to him and he stared at him with a dangerous glint in his eyes that Sekhani had never seen before. "You are not going to die."

"Edward, he's following us." Rosalie's distressed tone was obvious.

"I know. We need to get out of here as soon as possible." It was only then that Sekhani realized they were heading in a completely different direction that wasn't the way to his house.

"Get out of where? Where are we going?" Sekhani was panicking now, his breaths coming quicker and his fingers giving a tingle he was all too familiar with.

"We have to get you out of town. He won't stop hunting you, Sekhani. He needs to be stopped." Edward sped up the car significantly.

At this point, Sekhani had begun shaking in the backseat, his throat clogged and oxygen long gone.

"Sekhani? Sekhani! Edward stop the car." Rosalie shook her friend's shoulders roughly, not knowing what to do.

Edward's eyes flashed up to the rear view mirror and widened as he realized what was going on. Things had been going so well for them that he completely forgot that his boyfriend suffered from severe anxiety.

He pulled over on the side of the road and flashed out of the driver's seat before appearing by an opened back door. He slid into the car and scooped Sekhani up into his arms.

"Hey, hey." He tilted the shaking boy's chin up to look at him. "Focus on me, okay?"

Sekhani nodded but his eyes were still frantic as he couldn't get oxygen to his lungs.

"I need you to copy my breathing, okay? Can you do that for me Sekhani?" Edward's cold heart was ready to burst out of his chest as he watched the love of his life have a panic attack.

Sekhani nodded to his best ability.

"Okay. Copy me." Edward took deep and unnecessary breaths and let them out loudly. "Inhale,exhale."