quatorze ✓

Quatorze: Meeting the Reeds

March 14th |Reed House

Sekhani didn't know that the next few days could be his last when he woke up that morning. But he did know that his unofficial boyfriend was going to meet his parents today and he would be lying if he said he wasn't nervous.

When Edward had brought it up, Sekhani remembers staring at the golden-eyed boy, waiting for him to say that he was joking. But no, Edward Cullen was extremely serious when he said that he wanted to meet Sekhani's parents before they went to his family's baseball game.

So there Sekhani stood the next morning, in the bathroom mirror, coaching himself.

"Hey Mom, this is my boyfriend. Yeah the boy who I've never spoken about but has suddenly appeared at our door step." He groaned immediately as the words left his mouth. What a mess.

Segra Reed was going to freak out and he knew it. His mother always insisted that she tell him what was going on in his life and he hadn't been doing that. Granted, most of his time was spent at the Cullen house so he didn't have time.

Sekhani sighed and forced himself out of his bathroom and out his bedroom door. He was going to do this and he was going to do it calmly.

Segra greeted her son with a large smile and a kiss to his forehead. "Good morning sweetie."

When she pulled away, she took in his nicely dressed state and her eyebrows furrowed. "Are you and Phe going out today?"

"No." Sekhani scratched behind his neck nervously.

"Oh, so Rosalie then?" She was smiling now, having taken an immense liking to her son's other best friend.

"Rosalie's brother, technically, but Rosalie will be there." He gave her a sheepish grin.

"Her brother? You're going out with a guy? What's his name? When did you two start speaking? Are you dating? Why didn't you tell me?" Segra frowned at her son dejectedly.

"His name is Edward and I guess I forgot when I had the time." Sekhani answered only the question he believed she needed to know.

And as if he didn't want to be sucked into a black hole further, the doorbell rang. Sekhani unconsciously smiled because he knew who would be standing there when he opened the door. He had missed the copper-haired vampire.

"You're smiling. Is that him at the door? Aw." Segra's eyes lit up in excitement and she brought her hand up to her mouth to cover the large grin on her face.

Sekhani shook his head in amusement at his mother before going to the door and pulling it open.

Standing there in tight black jeans and a buttoned up baseball jersey, was a smiling Edward Cullen. He leaned down and placed a light kiss on Sekhani's nose. "Good morning."