neuf ✓

Neuf: Parties, weed and Carter Ettens

March| Phoebe's House

"Sekhani you're my best friend. Please don't make me go to this party alone." Phoebe's pouted and tears glistened in her large brown eyes.

Sekhani groaned loudly and covered his face with one of the purple pillows from the bed. She always did this. Pout and fake tears to guilt trip him into her devilish actions. He knew that he was going to say yes, he always did. She knew that too and she used it to her advantage.

"Fine." He removed the pillow from his face and glared at his grinning best friend.

"Yes! I knew you loved me." She launched herself at Sekhani, resulting in them both to go toppling off her bed and to the floor.

Sekhani's back connected with the ground and he bit his tongue to hold in the pained cry. Phoebe let out a soft 'oof' as she landed on her best friend's chest. She pulled away and grinned down at the curly haired boy. "Well that wasn't so bad."

"That's because you landed on me. Get your fat butt off of me Phe." Sekhani fake wheezed.

Phoebe gasped and hit her best friend's cheek lightly. "My butt is not fat. It's generous." She sat up and remained seated on Sekhani's stomach.

"So you're not going to get up?" Sekhani looked at her in disbelief.

"Nope. You're actually quite comfortable." Her hair fell in a curtain as she smiled innocently down at her best friend.

✰✰✰

"It's very crowded." Sekhani's thumb was placed between his teeth as he took in the mass of drunk, dancing and high teenagers around him.

"Let's go somewhere with less people and noise." Phoebe grasped his hand tightly in hers, making sure that she wasn't losing him as she parted the crowd. She began climbing the stairs, Sekhani still glancing around warily as they disappeared up the stairs of the stranger's home.

A bedroom door was open and the two best friends could see a light shining brightly from within it. When they both stopped at the door, they took in the group of girls and boys that were sitting in a circle and passing around a rolled joint and playing a card game.

A red haired girl from the circle glanced up and gave them a grin when she caught sight of them. "Come join us."

Phoebe smile brightened but still leaned close to Sekhani so she could whisper in his ear. "We don't have to stay here, we can leave if you'd like."

Sekhani's heart warmed as it usually did when Phoebe took his feelings into consideration. He didn't really want to be in a room of strangers but clearly Phoebe did and he wasn't going to be a barrier between her and her teenage years.