dix ✓

A/N: OKAY BUT IS IT ME OR DOES IT LOOK LIKE EDWARD IS SAYING 'SEKHANI'?😭 Coincidence? I think not

Dix: An angry Edward Cullen, confessed feelings and first kisses

Night of the party| The Cullen's home

Edward's leg was bouncing as he awaited the sound of Phoebe's red car. It had been eight hours since he'd last heard from Sekhani and Edward was a second away from ripping strands of his hair from his head. The freckled boy would always text Edward hourly, claiming that he's just letting Edward know he's alive. Though Edward always laughed, he was grateful that his mate reassured him when they weren't together. But now, it was Friday night and the last time he heard from Sekhani was when they were leaving the school parking lot earlier that day.

Jasper placed a hand on his brother's leg, effectively stopping it from its nervous shaking. "Sekhani is fine. Phoebe said that she was bringing him here, why are you so worried?"

"I just have a bad feeling." Edward's lips tugged down in a deep frown.

"I'm sure it's nothing." Jasper gave his adoptive brother a smile and disappeared somewhere in the house.

At the sound of an engine turning into the driveway, Edward jumped to his feet and all but ran out of the house. He bit his lip as he watched Phoebe turn the car off and exit the car. He could see his mate inside but he was making no attempts to come out, making Edward worry that something had happened. The bronze haired vampire walked down the stairs and started making his way to Sekhani's side of the car only to be stopped by Phoebe stepping in front of him, blocking his sight of the car.

"Now before you get him out of the car, I just want you to remember how close we are and how much Sekhani would hate you if you murdered his best friend." Phoebe gave the golden eyed boy her best 'I didn't do it' smile.

Edward nodded warily and side stepped his mate's best friend, pulling open the passenger side door of the red car. He leaned down so he could meet the eyes of his mate but his breath hitched as he did.

Sekhani's eyes were unfocused and an alarming shade of red, a clear indication that he was as high as the Empire State Building. When Sekhani's red hazed eyes did focus on his crush, a large grin lit up on his face and he launched himself at him.

"Edward! Hello! When did you get here?" The smaller boy put his arms around Edward's neck and allowed him to pull him from the confines of the car.

Edward could feel the growl that was threatening to escape his throat and he clamped his mouth shut. Wordlessly, he scooped his mate up from the ground and cradled him to his chest.

"You're comfy." Sekhani's voice was wavering now, sleep evident as he nestled his face in the crook of Edward's cool neck.

Phoebe was standing on the porch, the same innocent smile beaming on her small face. Edward wanted nothing more than to take a mop and wipe the smile off her face but he controlled himself for his mate's sake.