huit ✓

Huit: Learning to drive with Emmett

1 month later | The Cullen's house

"Don't make me regret this Emmett." Edward leaned on the window of the car and glared at his adoptive brother.

"Oh Eddie, you wound me. Nothing is going to happen to him." Emmett gave his brother an innocent smile.

"That's what you said last time." Edward rolled his eyes in annoyance.

"Well I'm sorry that I forgot that R meant reverse. It wasn't one of my finest moments." Emmett scratched his neck sheepishly.

Sekhani let out a soft laugh but quickly covered it up when Edward turned his glare on him.

"Be careful." Edward pleaded with his mate.

"Always." Sekhani promised his best friend as he always did.

It had been a long month for the Cullens and Sekhani. After that day at the mall, Sekhani found himself attached to Edward in a way that he couldn't explain. He always wanted to be around him and it seemed that Edward returned the sentiment because he never complained.

And with Edward, came his whole family. The Cullens were all nice people and they always made Sekhani feel welcome. Carlisle became the permanent assistant doctor for his appointments, Esme cooked him food, Jasper always calmed him, Emmett tried to teach him things that he 'must' know, Alice always carried him to shop and Rosalie and Edward are his best friends.

Out of all the Cullens, he was closest with Rosalie and Edward came in at second. Sekhani felt like he could tell Rosalie anything and vice versa. Rosalie didn't like human males, not after what she went through before her change. But Sekhani is different. Sekhani is not Royce King. Sekhani is soft spoken. Kind. Innocent. Pure in the most adorable of ways. Rosalie felt a deep connection for the freckled boy, as if he were her little brother and she needed to protect him from everything bad in the world.

Phoebe couldn't help the jealousy she felt. She remembers coming to school a month ago and seeing her best friend exiting a red convertible with Rosalie Hale. It was finally happening, he was finding someone better than her. But to her surprise, Sekhani walked over to her and apologized profusely for not letting her drive him to school. And then he kissed her cheek and looped his arm around hers so they could walk in school together as they did every morning. Phoebe felt a bit silly after that. Of course Sekhani would never abandon her, that isn't the kind of person that he is. And eventually, just like Sekhani, she grew close to the Cullens and considered them to be her close friends.