cinq ✓

Cinq: Panic Attack

Cinq: Panic Attack

Monday | Forks High School Library

"Sekhani?"

Sekhani looked up from his notebook and found himself staring at a pale, blonde-haired girl. He stared at the girl trying to remember what Phoebe said her name was. The name came to him after a minute of searching through his brain. This was the new girl, Chief Swan's daughter. "Isabella?"

"Just Bella. I needed help in Math and Phoebe said you're like this freaky Math genius. We don't have to speak- We could text? I don't know, is that stupid? I don't want to make you uncomfortable." She scratched the back of her neck awkwardly.

Sekhani bit his lip to hide his amused smile, the poor girl looked terrified. But it was nice of her to be considerate of his not speaking thing. With that in mind, he nodded and held out his phone for her to put her number in it.

Bella, taking this as a good sign, smiled brightly and took his phone, mindful to not touch him, because Phoebe said he didn't like it. When she had typed in her number and saved it, she gave the phone back to the freckled boy. "Well it was nice meeting you. I'll text you. Bye Sekhani." And with a tiny wave, she was gone.

Sekhani breathed a laugh and picked his pencil up again, Bella was a sweet girl. A little awkward but sweet. Perhaps Sekhani would find a friend in the blonde girl. But he quickly cleared his thoughts and resumed his English essay.

A kiss was pressed to his cheek ten minutes later and it took everything in Sekhani to not jump out of his skin in fright. When he span around wide eyed, he locked gazes with his laughing best friend. "I hate you," He deadpanned.

"No, you don't but it's cute that you think so." She said cheerily as she pulled a chair and placed her books on the table.

"You do know that it's lunch right?" Phoebe placed her chin in her palm and stared at her best friend.

With a mindless nod, Sekhani continued to write his essay. The last thing he needed was a distraction.

"Right and I see that you're working on an essay that's not due for another two weeks. So I think that you're avoiding the cafeteria, which then means that you're avoiding someone. Is it Edward?"

Sekhani was going to deny it but this was his best friend, his sister though they were not blood related. "I don't know. He's super nice and everything but I just get this weird feeling in my stomach whenever we're together and I don't understand it. And then my hands get clammy and my anxiety just suffocates me." He chewed on his lip, deep in thought.