douze ✓

Douze: Confessions of a teenage murderer

Night of the incident | Sekhani's house

Sekhani didn't know what to do. He didn't know what to think. He didn't want to think. It wasn't possible, he knew that. It couldn't be possible.

Edward and Rosalie did not murder three people in cold blood. Three, morally wrong criminals, but they were still people.

Sekhani's eyes burned with tears that he knew were going to be spilling over the edges soon. The entire night had been terrible and if Sekhani's anxiety was going away, it'd surely come crashing back.

His fingers were shaking, an incoming panic attack evident in the teenage boy. He curled up in the corner of his room, trying to stay calm. And then, he was crying. No, he was sobbing. Loud wails left the freckled boy and pierced the quiet night, alerting everybody in earshot.

Segra Reed ran into her son's bedroom, her heart clenching as she took in the image of her son. The curly haired boy was rocking back and forth, his hands on his ears as of he was blocking out the noise of something he didn't want to hear as he cried.

She rushed forward and wrapped her arms around him tightly, pulling him into her chest. Sekhani threw his arms around his mother's neck as he sobbed, basking in the comfort that she was giving him.

"Hey baby. You're okay. You're okay." Segra's eyes filled with tears as she rubbed her son's back. Sekhani eventually calmed down but still clung to his mother like his life depended on it.

The door opened later that night and Calvin Reed stepped through. By that time, Sekhani had already fallen asleep and Segra was still rocking him like she did when he was younger.

"How is he?" Calvin crouched down to press a kiss to his wife's head.

"Not good. I can only imagine how he's feeling after what he's been through." Segra let out a deep sigh.

Calvin pulled his son from his wife and carried the boy to his bed. Once Calvin made sure that the teenager was tucked in and completely asleep, he kissed his forehead. "You'll be fine Khani. You're strong."

Calvin grabbed his wife's hand and after turning off the light, they both left their teenage son's room.

✰✰✰

3am|Sekhani's room

Rosalie and Edward stared at Sekhani, both unsure of what to do. They didn't want to scare him but they also didn't want Phoebe to know they were there.

Phoebe was still crying, her head tucked under Sekhani's chin, scared to look up and see what was going on.

Edward raised his hand and made a move to step forward but Sekhani shook his head frantically. Edward dropped his hand, a hurt look on his face because he knew that Sekhani was scared.