six ✓

Six: Shopping Part I

Tuesday | Sekhani's House

When the announcement was made that there would be no school today, Sekhani was overjoyed. He didn't hate school, he quite liked learning but he disliked the people. And he especially didn't want to go after his breakdown yesterday.

So there he was in his room, hands adorned in paint splashes, clothes wrinkled, a paintbrush in his mouth and his hair disheveled. His cat, Garfield, was curled up on his bed sleeping soundly.

The honk of a car horn outside of his house made Sekhani jump and his paintbrush slid across the canvas, efficiently ruining the painting. Sekhani let out a soft cry,"Really?". He had spent hours on the painting of the green forest and now there was a brown streak across the green trees.

Another honk made Sekhani angrily stick his head out the window, a string of curses on the tip of his tongue. The urge to let out a string of profanities died down when he caught sight of the person who was making all the noise.

Alice Cullen was leaning on a yellow Porsche with a bright smile, gold eyes glinting even though there wasn't any sun outside. She waved enthusiastically at Sekhani and started walking toward his front door.

Sekhani's eyes widened and he quickly retracted his head from the window, hitting it in the process. Letting out soft groans, he quickly yanked his paint covered shirt over his head and shrugged on a clean hoodie. The doorbell hadn't rang yet so he dashed into his bathroom and started scrubbing away at his colorful hands. When there were no traces of paint left, he ran his fingers through his wild curls and attempted to tame them. Satisfied with his look, he hurried down the stairs. Apparently the doorbell already rang and he was too busy to hear it because Alice was already inside and talking to his mother.

Segra Reed had only ever met one of her son's friends, because as far as she knew, he only had one friend. Yet there was a gorgeous young lady in her house introducing herself and asking if she could take Sekhani out. Segra was overjoyed, her son was finally being social. She was a second away from bouncing around the house like a two year old on a sugar high.

"Sekhani, you didn't tell me you made new friends," His mother threw him an accusing look. The boy merely shrugged, not wanting to speak with Alice there.

"Hello Sekhani. I just came to ask if you'd like to go shopping with us? Rosalie, Edward and I are going up to Port Angeles for the day." Alice smiled gently up at the lanky boy.

Sekhani really was not ready to see Edward Cullen after yesterday. He wasn't ready to see anybody except Phoebe for that matter. But before he could politely decline,Sega intervened. "I'm sure he'd love to, right Sekhani?"