Daniel Ricciardo - Is She Okay?!

Requested by; half-blood-muggle

Request; Can I please please get a Daniel Ricciardo x female driver reader😫 maybe along the same lines of the Lewis one where the reader gets hurt and they admit their feelings to each other ❤️

note; so I'm not sure what Daniel's engineer's name is, I looked everywhere and found the name Karel, I hope you like it, I also wasn't sure how to do the confessing part.

••••

It was the start of the Formula 1 season at the Australian Grand Prix which meant new faces would be around the Paddock, but everyone that all eyes would be on the new Renault driver, (Y/n) (Y/l), ever since FP1 on Friday everybody has been watching her like a hawk to criticise every mistake she would make.

"Rain is expected at any moment, be careful." Her race engineer, Adam, informs her, she was running in P9 battling for 8th.

"Copy." (Y/n) responds keeping her focus on the driver ahead, light rain begins hitting her visor but the conditions quickly changed to heavy rain.

"Box, box, box for wets." Adam says, as she approaches the fourth last corner something felt off.

"My breaks feel like they're not working." (Y/n) says, as she approached the last corner her breaks completely broke and her car slides over the grass and into barrier hard.

"(Y/n)?" Adam asks. "Do you copy? (Y/n)?" Adam says trying to get a response, The safety car was sent out just as Daniel approaches the corner.

"Guys, is that (Y/n)?" Daniel asks.

"Yes." Karel responds, Daniel felt his heart drop, why at his home grand Prix? Why her?

"Is she okay?" Daniel asks afraid of the answer.

"She's currently not responding." Karel says, panic went through Daniel's veins as a Red flag was waved. "red flag." Karel says, when Daniel passes the corner again he saw an ambulance and the medical team working on getting (Y/n) out of the car, all the cars stop in the pits and Daniel quickly got out of his car, he takes off his helmet and pulls the balaclava off, the pouring rain quickly soaks him.

"Has she said anything yet?" Daniel asks entering the garage.

"Nothing." Karel says.

"(Y/n)?" Adam says with concern, but relieve quickly washes over him. "Oh thank gosh, are you hurt?" Daniel could feel relief wash over him, Karel hands him his headset so he could listen.

"My back is killing me." (Y/n) says. "They're about to pull me out of the car." (y/n) says.

"We'll see you soon." Adam says.

"I'm coming to see you as soon as I can." Daniel says.

"Danny?" (Y/n) asks.

"I'll even bring you some chocolate." Daniel says.

"Thank you... I'll see you soon." (Y/n) says, the radio combination was cut off and Daniel steps out of the garage.

"Where are you going?!" Karel asks following him.

"The medical centre." Daniel says over his shoulder, he needed to see her and if that meant there was a chance he would miss the restart then so be it.

"You'll be in the way when they're working on her." Karel says, Daniel stops for a minute. "Give them a half an hour."

"30 minutes, that's it." Daniel says before walking back into the garage, 30 minutes passed painfully slow for Daniel but as he was about to leave for the medical centre the FIA announced that the race will restart in 10 minutes and that (Y/n) was being transported to the nearest hospital. "I have to go see her." Daniel says.

"She's probably already on the highway... I'll personally take you after the race." Karel says, a frown was visible on Daniel's face but he pulled his balaclava on.

"Fine, but this is for her." Daniel says putting his helmet on.

Daniel stood in front of (Y/n)'s hospital room for a moment before pushing it open, (Y/n) looks towards the door and gives him a smile.

"Hi." (Y/n) says.

"Hey, uh, sorry I didn't come to see you at the medical centre." Daniel says.

"No, no, it's fine, I understand." (Y/n) says. "The doctor's probably wouldn't have allowed you inside."

"That bad?" Daniel asks.

"I wouldn't say that bad... but I'll be out for a couple of race weekends." (Y/n) says, Daniel let's out a sigh.

"Damn... that sucks, I was looking forward to racing you." Daniel says taking a seat next to her hospital bed.

"I'll be back." (Y/n) says giving him a smile, he returns the smile.

"So... you're okay?" Daniel asks not sure what to say.

"Yep." (Y/n) says.

"Okay... good, because I'm not sure what I would've done if I'd lost you." Daniel says. "I'm just so happy you're okay."

"Me too... but the crash made me realise something." (Y/n) says.

"Yeah? what exactly?" Daniel asks.

"That life s really short and I should probably confess." (Y/n) says.

"Okay... you go first, I have to confess something too." Daniel says.

"Okay... I think I'm in love with you, Daniel." (Y/n) says.

"You think you're in love with me?" Daniel asks shocked, (Y/n) nods her head.

"Yeah... but it's okay if you don't feel the same way." (Y/n) says.

"No, no, gosh... not what I mean, I mean yes, I feel the same way." Daniel says. "I know I'm in love with you, (Y/n)." Daniel says taking hold of her hand.

"Really? You're not just saying that?" (Y/n) asks.

"No, I mean it... my confession, I'm in love with you (Y/n) and I don't want anything to happen to you." Daniel says, a wide smile appears on (Y/n)'s lips. "I know this is horrible timing, but do you wanna be my girlfriend?" Daniel asks.

"Yes, I want to be your girlfriend." (Y/n) says, a wide smile appears on Daniel's lips. "Why didn't we confess sooner?" (Y/n) asks causing Daniel to laugh.

"I don't know... I really don't know, but I wish we did." Daniel says. "So, how long are you staying?"

"A few nights, then I'll be on my way home." (Y/n) says.

"Well, you know, I live here in Australia." Daniel begins saying causing (Y/n) to giggle. "No, but seriously, I'll be here for a few extra days, I'll come to help you when you go home."

"Thank you, I would appreciate it." (Y/n) says. "So, tell me, how'd the race finish?"