Daniel Ricciardo - Colour - Soulmate AU

Requested by; Anon

Request; Hiiii how are you? I love your imagines and I was wondering if you could write a soulmate au with Daniel Ricciardo. Thank you and have a lovely day 💕

AU; D3- Soulmate AU - World Is Black And White Until They Meet Each Other.

"So, Dan, When are you going to stop pretending that your world is black and white and let us meet your girl?" Michael asks, Daniel laughs shaking his head

"Oh, you're such a comedian, Mike," Daniel says, Daniel was turning 31 and he still hadn't found his soulmate but his friends liked to joke and say he had already met her, he just didn't want to introduce her to them. "You will be one of the very first people to know if I find her." He says, most people would be gloomy due to them not being able to see colour but not Daniel, which is why everyone liked him and why everyone wondered if he had found his soulmate. "So, uh could you stop here? I'm thirsty and hungry." Daniel says pointing to a cafe on a corner.

"Sure," Michael says

•••

"I just wish I could meet him already." (Y/n) says as she enters the cafe on the corner with her friend. "I just hate not being able to see all the colours of the world."

"You know even if he doesn't show up, you'll be completely okay, you know that, right?" Trish asks, (Y/n) knew she wouldn't die but she wanted to experience the world in colour and with her soulmate.

"Trish, I'm 29 and he hasn't shown up yet, you found yours when you turned what, 19?" (Y/n) states, she was a little bitter that all of her friends had already found their soulmate.

"I realize you're almost 30," Trish says. "When the time is right, he'll show up, okay? Be patient." Trish says, (Y/n) wanted to roll her eyes at that comment but stopped herself.

"You know, I could die tomorrow and I wouldn't even know how the sky looks like, or those flowers." (Y/n) says, she was angry and her friend didn't understand why which only frustrated her more. "You know what, just go find a table, I'll get our order." Trish wasn't going to argue because she didn't understand why it upset (Y/n) so much that she didn't have a soulmate, then again, she could see the world in colour but her friend couldn't.

"Okay, Americano and a chocolate muffin, please and thank you," Trish says, (Y/n) nods her head and walks towards the counter, luckily the place didn't seem that busy, at that moment the cafe door opens and Daniel walks into the cafe and walks up behind (Y/n) to wait for his turn, they say life could change in an eye blink.

"One Americano, One flat white, One blueberry muffin and one chocolate muffin." (Y/n) orders, the order was entered into the computer.

"Your total i—" (Y/n) quickly cut the person off by handing the money over. "Thank you, please wait seven to ten minutes while we prepare your drinks." (Y/n) nods her head putting her wallet away, keeping her eyes on the floor she turns around and walks straight into Daniel, Daniel quickly react by grabbing her upper arms and steady her before she could fall backwards and hit her head against the counter, (Y/n) squeezes her eyes shut waiting for the impact but it never came.

"Are you all right?" Daniel asks, (Y/n) turns her head to the side and opens her eyes to see if she was on the floor or in the hospital.

"Holy— Yeah, yeah, I'm okay, I'm sorry, I didn't pay attention." (Y/n) says still not looking at her saviour, she was trying her best to avoid eye contact due to the embracement she felt at the moment.

"It's okay," Daniel says, deciding to ignore her embracement she turns her gaze to the stranger still holding her shoulders, her mouth falls open and it felt as if a strong burst of wind blew past them and their world lit up and colour surrounding them.