Eleanor's Lost Voice

From here on out it will all be Original Content, besides IParty with Victorious.

The sun was shining into my bedroom, it was early on Saturday morning. I had an audition for the End of the Year Jam. This was my last chance as a Junior to show off my skills before the Senior Showcase. I rolled out of bed and checked my phone, 8:45 AM. Shit, I was running behind.

I ran to my closet and picked out a cute outfit and hopped into the shower. I did light makeup then ran downstairs to grab a quick breakfast.

"Good morning, Sweetie

"Good morning, Sweetie." my dad gave me a small smile.

"Morning, Dad." I returned the smile when I sat down with me cereal.

"Big Audition Today?" he asked looking up from his paper. I nodded. "That's great." he sighed. something was wrong, he never sighed.

"Something wrong dad?" I threw my now empty bowl into the dishwasher.

"We'll talk when you get home this afternoon." he kissed the top of my head and went out into the garage. I heard beck honk his horn, I shot him a quick text letting him know I'd be out in a second. I quickly grabbed  my bags and got into his car.

"Hey. Love" he gave me a kiss.

"Hey." I smiled.

"Ready for your audition?"

"Yes...No...I'm not sure." I sighed buckling my seatbelt. "My dad was acting weird this morning."

"I'm sure he wasn't, you're just super nervous for this Audition." after the shot five minute drive to the school we parked the car.

"Break a leg." he cheered giving me a hug. we walked into the school and I signed in. "I'll be on the catwalk watching with Andre. If you get too nervous, Just look at me, I'll help you through it."

"Thanks, Beck." he walked off leaving me in the hallway with other student's waiting to Audition.

"ELEANOR VEGA!" Mr. Eikner called. I smiled and walked over to him. "Hi, Elle. this is a very informal Audition. Pick any song you'd like and sing your heart out." he said sitting down at the panel of judges they had set up. I guess it was kind of in my favor. It was Mr. Eikner, Sikowitz, Lane, and my dance Instructor Ms. Phillips.

"okay, Elle. whenever you're ready." Sikowitz smiled. I fixed the mic stand and took a deep breath. Don't worry Elle, you're only singing an ballad by one of the most amazing women in music. I nodded at Andre and the opening notes to Whitney Huston's "I have nothing" started.

Share my life Take me for what I am 'Cause I'll never change All my colors for you

It was a little pitchy, not my best. but It was probably because I was super nervous.

Take my love I'll never ask for too much Just all that you are And everything that you do I don't really need to look Very much further I don't wanna have to go Where you don't follow I will hold it back again This passion inside Can't run from myself There's nowhere to hide...