I'll Always Remember Us This Way

(There's a reason I skipped what happens after he finds the test)

Week's have passed since my dad told us he had cancer, right now we were out having dinner as a family because Trina was leaving for New York tomorrow next week. And I was finally off Voice Rest! I was so bored not being able to speak.

"So, Trina..." my dad started wiping his mouth. "You Just Graduated High School, You're leaving for NYU Tomorrow. What are you excited for next year?" every year at the end of the school year dad asks us what were most excited for the next school year...I was gonna miss that.

"Well...I guess I'm most excited for my Apartment!" She squealed "And to get to study." she smiled at my mom.

"Elle, You just completed your Junior Year...You came out an HONOR STUDENT and you got a Dance Scholarship to Julliard...might I add FULL RIDE! what are you most excited for next school year?"

"Well, First I'd like to say I'm most excited for Trina to be gone!" she rolled her eyes. "but I'm super excited for the Showcase, Fall Musical, my master dance class and for Senior Year!" They smiled at me.

"There's a lot to be excited about." My mom said. "I'm so proud of all my girls."

"Tori, You are also starting your senior year. What are you most excited about."

"I'm not sure, mostly my acting classes and being a senior I guess." She sighed playing with her food. Ever since dad broke the news she hasn't been the same.

"Eleanor. What's beck excited for?" My mom asked me.

"Well, His master acting classes. His audition with NYCDA." I gave a small smile.

Beck and I have been on the rocks since he found the pregnancy test in the bathroom. I sighed quietly remembering that night.

(FLASHBACK)

"Is this yours?" He asked holding up the pregnancy test box.

"Uh..." was the only word that came out of my mouth.

"Elle...Is. This. Yours?" He asked again.

"Yes..."

"And?"

"I'm not sure...it was like a line and a half." He sighed.

"God Dammit, Elle. You said you were on the pill." He rubbed his temples.

"I am! I may have forgotten once..." he stared at me.

"YOU FORGOT!? HOW DO YOU FORGET SOMETHING LIKE THAT!?" He yelled scaring me.

"I'm sorry I..."

"How could you be so stupid!" He hit the wall. I stayed quiet. "Fuck. Elle, I didn't mean it." He sighed.

"Let's go to the Pharmacy get a few more then grab dinner and we'll come back and you can take a few more."  He grabbed his wallet.

"Okay." I sighed standing up. "Let's go to CVS..." he nodded and we got into his car.

We stood in the Aisle looking at the tests, I never thought I'd be 17 standing in this Aisle. 

"Which ones?" He asked.

"These." I grabbed the digital clear blue tests.

"Let's go check out." He mumbled. I set the tests on the counter and the lady behind the register gave us a small smile.

"Did you find everything okay?" she asked while scanning the items.

"Yes.." Beck said flatly. She handed me the bag after we paid.