Seven

The next morning the rain caused issues with Mina's tent again, making a huge tear along the side where her belongings were. She woke to dripping on her chin and cheek, startling her awake. She rubbed her eyes and face as she rolled over, looking up at the tear. She sighed heavily as she sat up, quickly getting up, dressing and putting on her sweatshirt. She moved her things away and dug a hole allowing the water to drip down inside.

Then she had an idea and grabbed her canister from her bag, stuffing it underneath so she could at least get some use out of the constant dripping. she just hoped it wouldn't get any bigger. she huddled underneath the poor excuse of a blanket and shivered as she watched the rain fall outside her tent. She was so cold she feared for her life, even with some medicine, it couldn't hold back hypothermia for too long. Plus she gave moat of her medicine to the apes for Cornelia.

Then she heard something outside her tent, like a huff or a grunt. She looked up and saw Blue Eyes' dripping form standing there, leaning over the tent, smiling sadly in on her shivering body. Without a word, she patted the dry spot beside her and readied the towel for him to use as he shuffled inside. He sat down beside her and rubbed himself dry, then wrapped the towel around his neck for warmth. He looked over at her shivering form and for some reason, his body moved before his mind could comprehend what happened.

He startled her by pulling the semi warm blanket from her and putting it around himself and then sat behind her. He pulled her close and buried himself in the blanket, pulling her to his chest. She snuggled deep into his body and his warmth.

Soon he was warming her, rubbing his hands down her arms as she curled up in his lap. He felt his heart beat quicken as she held him against hers and sighed. He started to feel so warm and comfortable, he found himself adjusting so they were laying down beside each other; him holding her to his chest and her running her fingers alongside his fur on his shoulder. He stared at her face as she closed her eyes and smiled lightly. Her lips looked softer, but then again, he knew they were soft. Yet somehow...

"Mina."

She opened her eyes at him and looked up, blinking at his blue eyes. They looked at each other a minute before he pulled her face closer, putting his forehead to hers. She smiled and held his neck as he kept her face still to his.

Then he pulled her lips to his and kissed her. Her eyes widened a minute before she pushed closer to his lips, kissing him back. He held her face as he began to deepen the kiss like he saw his parents do once, bending his neck to pull her lips closer to his own. She breathed out deeply, clutching his shoulder, his fur entwined in her fingers. His hands roamed down her head to her neck, her shoulders, and then her waist. He pulled her body closer and she rubbed her leg across his. He felt something inside him stir and he pulled away slowly. They lay together, her leg over his, him laying down over her, and holding each other close, staring deep into each other's eyes.

"You...are...perfect." He spoke and she raises her hands.

'you. perfect.' she signs quite well.

He smiles and hugs her, burying his face in her neck, inhaling the scent of her. For what seemed like hours, they held each other, listening to the soft rain above them as they drifted to sleep.

All the while, Koba watched the whole scene unfold and he huffed angrily. He was betrayed by Ceaser, now the young ape is in love with a human! He climbed the tree and rushed to the colony to tell Ceaser what he saw. The humans will regret they ever came here! Especially that little female runt.

~~~~~

The last day the humans were supposed to stay, they finally finished the dam. The lights turned on and they all shouted and hollered with happiness. They got the power back! As they packed up and left, they went to her camp to ask Mina if she was sure she wanted to stay. With another nod yes, they left, saying their goodbyes to the apes. Ceaser invited Mina to see Cornelia, who made a swift recovery apparently, thanks to her.