Fourteen

The apes managed to fool the soldiers with their fake bridge and wall. This time, they were successful in capturing some of them, along with a gorilla. Ceaser stood in front of four humans and gorilla, glaring down at them, wondering what to do with the humans.

"Your him aren't you? Your Ceaser." A soldier says. This made the gorilla raise his head and stare up at him. Ceaser didn't answer, but looked over to the gorilla.

"You are the ape that saved her." He says aloud.

"her...?"

"Mina." This surprised Ceaser. The gorilla knew of mina? How? The gorilla told him something that made him feel a light flutter in his chest and he nodded to the gorilla, who glared over at him.

After a while, he ordered them on two horses, tied up, to go back to their home. Ceaser figured it would show them they mean peace; that he showed mercy today. Unfortunately, the gorilla labeled DONKEY, escaped and disappeared when Winter, the white ape, was hit upside the head. As they trekked back home, Ceaser heard someone coming and readied his apes. But he smiled as he saw two apes on horseback riding up. He recognized the Blue Eyes instantly and smiled when both apes dismounted.

"Son." He whispered, hugging his son hard as Blue Eyes approached smiling slightly. Rocket walked up beside him, his own secret smile on his face.

"Welcome home Rocket." Ceaser says to his old friend, who nodded. They go in through their secret passage and up the waterfall's edge to their home where the females and young waited. Cornelia came up with Cornelius, their youngest son. Ceaser and Blue Eyes hugged their family, but Cornelia motioned to her son, pointing to the edge.

'look who is here, son.' She signed. Blue Eyes looked over and saw the young chimps parted, revealing Lake, the young black furred chimp as she walked up.

'lake...' Blue Eyes met her and hugged her.

Ceaser and Cornelia watched the two with a smile, but Cornelia noticed Blue Eyes only had a small smile, not the usual grin he had many years ago.

'he still misses her.' She signs to Ceaser. He sighs through his nose and nods.

"I know..." he replied. Then he started to think about what that gorilla said. It was something that Blue Eyes needed to know, but he was moving on and Ceaser didn't want to hurt him more.

After the greeting, the apes sat down to hear what Blue Eyes and rocket found. Rocket dumped a whole satchel full of sand out onto the ground for everyone to see.

'there is a desert, but past it there is forest. It is a long journey, but the humans would never go there.' Blue Eyes says. Ceaser smiled and patted his friends' shoulder and smiled at his son.

'then this is where we will go. We shall call that our new home. For now, rest.' Ceaser says.

By the time night came around, the apes were all settled in and asleep. Ceaser stayed up to watch his wife and children. Blue Eyes was sitting on his own nest beside their own, the old cracked music box in his hands, caressing it. He was growing into a fine ape, but his thoughts on Mina haven't changed, even with Lake around. Ceaser sighed, shaking his head and moving to Blue Eyes.

"Son, we need to talk." He says. Blue Eyes nods and follows his son to the edge where the water fell.

'what is it father?'

"it's about Mina." Blue Eyes' orbs widened at her name.

'what happened? Is she alive? Is she alright?' Blue Eyes signed so quickly Ceaser stopped his hands.

"the ape we captured earlier spoke of her. She...she wanted to send a message to you." Blue Eyes continued to stare at his father, waiting.

"She says...she will never forget, and will always feel the same."