Twenty

Speaking probably wasn't the best idea. Mina realized that when she watched the soldiers pass by from her perch, her arms and legs tied to the x that once resided Caesar, but now holds the colonel's new enemy. Her.

As she watched the apes talk amongst themselves, she smiled at the few slowly dropping in the ground below inside the hidden pass, still unknown to the soldiers. But how were they going to get the children out? No doubt the soldiers wouldn't  be able to notice a handful of older apes missing, but they would notice the babes gone. She had to help distract them or something. but what could she do from up here?

As she thoight out a tiny plan, Rex came up to her with a bucket of water and ladle and gave her a little bit of water.

"You shouldnt have said something." He says, earning a glare from her. If she could move her hands...

"We heard you from out here. What did he say?" He asks staring down at her. Seeing as he was at his full height, he towered over the X. She shook her head and looked away, signaling he said nothing and she doesn't want to talk about it. Rex nods and looks at her wrists, wincing at the sore red blotches on them from the rope being tied too tight. He tipped some later in his hands and tried to massage her wrists a bit before being called off by a soldier.

Blue Eyes watched the scene from afar, angered that the gorilla even dare to go near his Mina let alone touch her, but he couldn't do anything about it while he was behind bars. He had to escape so he could get her out of the camp and away from that damn gorilla.

Then suddenly, the soldiers all marched into a line and waited by the door of the compound like they do every morning. The colonel came walking out with a strange leather rope around his shoulder, something the apes have never seen before, but Mina knows just what it is. She began to struggle violently as he began heading straight for her with a look of fury on his face.

All of the Apes watched as the colonel walked up to Mina and motioned to the two soldiers. They pulled her off the X and shoved her to her knees, arms raised. Another soldier behind them took a knife and cut open the back of her shirt, revealing the slashes from before. Cornelia and Blue Eyes looked on astounded and in rage at the several marks on her back. Cornelia had to hide her eyes from the horror of the poor girls back while Ceaser held her, glaring hard at the colonel as he watched them nearly strip his daughter. That man is to die first.

"This is what happens when someone defies me." the colonel says looking at the apes, then back to his daughter.

"You love these animals so much... then you can join them." He says pulling the whip from his shoulder and handed it to one of the tougher looking soldiers.

The soldier leans down towards Mina's ear and chuckled darkly at her.

"This is my favorite part of the job." He snarled and than raised the whip, ignoring the loud cries of panic from the apes.

Mina raised her head in defiance, glaring up at the colonel as the soldier brought it down across Mina's back. Sharp pain enveloped her and she bit her lip to keep from screaming out, not breaking eye contact with him. He smirked, impressed.

"Well aren't we tough? So it again u til she learns her lesson." He orders. The soldier happily obliged, bringing the ship down across her back again and again. The apes all stared in horror, along with rex, who had to turn his back on the scene. It made him sick to see his only friend being whipped by her own kind.

"You think you're one of them..." the colonel says as another flip slash across her back.

"you think you are an animal like them, then I will treat you like them." He growls out as the whip hit her back one more time.