Eleven

The next morning, Mina woke to the dull throb of soreness in between her legs. She smiled, thinking of the night before as she opened her eyes. She saw Blue Eyes sleeping peacefully next to her and it only made her smile more. He didn't leave in the middle of the night this time which made her so happy. He actually wanted to be with her when he woke. She snuggled up to him, tucking her head under his neck and closed her eyes again. She felt his arms wrap around her and pull her close as he sighed in his sleep. She soon fell asleep again, hugging his neck close to her.

Unfortunately, the loving moment ended when Ceaser came to find his son. He saw the two cuddling and sighed; his news was going to break their hearts, but it had to be done. He walked in quietly nudging his son's shoulder, waking Blue Eyes from his sleep. He sat up rubbing his eyes and looked up at his father, who motioned him to follow. He covered Mina back up and left the hut, closing the leaves as he left. Blue Eyes saw the distressed look on his father's face.

'what is it father?'

'it is about Mina...' he signs looking over towards the entrance. There, stood a man in hiking gear, fishing hat and a large backpack. He was signing to the apes having a conversation as they sniffed and look him over.

'who is he?'

'...her father.' Blue Eyes blinked in surprise. Her father? Blue Eyes stared at the man as he neared them, waving at the two apes. Ceaser saw his son's face and patted his shoulder.

'I know you love her, but if she has a chance to live with humans again, she must go.'

Blue Eyes felt numb as the man came up the ramp.

"Ah, you do indeed have a lovely home. Wonderful apes, wonderful." His voice was strange, sounded strange to Blue Eyes, making him both nervous and suspicious.

"So, where is my little girl?" he asks clapping his hands and rubbing them together. Ceaser gave Blue Eyes a look and Blue Eyes reluctantly moved to the hut, his head bowed low in both anger and sadness. As he went in, he saw Mina stretching with a yawn. She smiled at Blue Eyes, but her smile faded when she saw his expression.

'what wrong?' she signs.

'come outside.' Was all he said before exiting again. Confused, Mina dressed quickly and opened the leaves of her hut, seeing Ceaser and Blue Eyes standing with a man. he had round specks with a bushy beard and crazy unkept hair. His eyes were the same color as hers and he seemed happy as he talked with Ceaser. She stepped out, catching the attention of the three. The man gasped low and removed his backpack, letting it fall to the ground as his hands reached out to her.

"my daughter..." he whimpered smiling as he walked towards her. She stood stock still as his hands took her cheeks and held her head. He smiled softly at her as tears filled his eyes. Those familiar eyes stared down at her for a moment before he pulled her close to her.

"My Mina." He sighs as he pulled her close, hugging her. She didn't know what to do, so she wrapped her arms loosely around his back, letting him hug her. Blue Eyes huffed through her nose and paced in one spot, obviously disturbed. As the man pulled away, Mina stared at him confused.

"You don't remember me...well I don't expect you to." He smiled sadly, then motioned for her locket around her neck.

"Go on." He says. She looked down and opened her necklace, holding it up to the side of the man's face. He stopped smiling and she gasped. He looked exactly like the man in the photo! It really is her father! She smiled a little at the man, who grinned at her.

"I've been looking for you since you and your mother disappeared during the havoc, which-" he turned to Ceaser. "...I don't blame you for. Those damn scientists always trying to play god." He mumbled, then shook his head.

"Anyway, I'm here to take you home." Her smile faded almost instantly. She shook her head and backed up, but Ceaser took her shoulder.

'you must go.' She looked up at him sadly.

'but I ape now...right?'

'you are still human. It is best to live with your own kind.' Ceaser says patting her good shoulder. Mina gulped hard and bowed her head, tears forming.

"Oh honey, don't worry. We live just outside the woods. We can come visit them every summer!" her father says with a nod and a smile, then moved to the hut. "I'll get your things." He says slipping inside. Ceaser moved away, but Mina grabbed his elbow.

'don't want to go...' she says her lip quivering a little. Ceaser sighed sadly and pulled her in close, forehead on hers.

"I'm...sorry." He says aloud and let's go, walking up to Cornelia, who stared down in sadness. The young ape was whining, wiggling in her arms. Blue Eyes simply stood there, waiting for his father to leave before walking to her. She stared up at him, tears now flowing down her cheeks as she gazed up at his own sad eyes.

'not fair...' she signs.

'I know.' He replies.

Both looked down sadly, unsure what to say. Then Blue Eyes pulled her arm to him, hugging her hard. She felt tears on her shoulder as he shook with both anger and sadness. She cried also, her shoulders shaking as she let the tears slip onto his fur. He didn't mind; his heart was shattering as they embraced for what seemed like the last time.

"Alright Mina, let's get going shall we- oh..." the man came back out and saw the two hugging and waited until they parted. When they did, he put his forehead to hers and stared into each other's eyes, tears still falling.

'I will love you forever.' He signs.

'I love you. Always.' She signs back, sniffling as they parted. 

Mina sniffled once more before taking off her necklace. She went to hand it to Blue Eyes but he shook his head no.

'please keep it. So you have something to remember me by.'

'what about you? How will you remember me?' this made her smile sadly, kissing his cheek.

'I will never forget.' She replied. 

They staredat each other a moment before he nodded, tears shimmering in his eyes as theman stepped up. When he took Mina's elbow, he wanted to shove the man down and hissat him, but he stayed still as he began to pull his love away. she stared afterhim as they walked down the ramp. The apes gathered around and parted as theywalked past. As they left the area, the apes either waving or patting hershoulders in goodbye. Many stuck their hands out, hands grazing in goodbye. Mauricepatted her shoulder with a sad smile and a nod, Rocket and Ash nodded inrespect, and Luca bowed his head to the young girl with a soft smile. Mina stoppedat the gate entrance and turned back. They shared one last look before shewalked out of the gates and out of his life forever. Ceaser and Cornelia watchedsadly as Blue Eyes stood at the top, watching her go with sagging shoulders.His fury got the best of him, leaving the area and to her hut. He sat on herhut, shaking as tears continued to fall. His love was gone, and he may neversee her again.    

As they walked down the trail through the forest, Mina trudged unhappily behind the man as he weaved his way through the trees and upturned roots, looking back at her now and then. He kept seeing her as she sniffled, wiping her face every few minutes; that's when he finally spoke.

"I know it hurts honey, but don't worry. Where we're going there are apes there. Not many, but they could keep you company if you're ever lonely." He says as they leave the edge of the forest. Mina looked up and gasped through her nose. There sat an army truck with soldiers standing around, fully armed and poised around the truck, eyes trained on the trees.

"Stand down men, none are following. It was a pleasant venture." He replies as he ushered her in the back of the truck. The soldiers all got in, and helped her onto a bench. The man handed her a large thick coat with a smile.

"you're gonna need this." He says as he winked at her. "It's gonna get a little nippy up North."

Mina took the coat and looked at it, but jumped when the truck began to move. She looked back out as the trees began to shrink, but she whimpered quietly as she saw a certain ape following, stopping just at the entrance. Blue Eyes, clutching her music box, wailed to her as the truck disappeared. She curled up and put her hands on her knees, fresh tears forming as they drove away, the red woods, her home, now gone.