Eight

A couple miles away lay the body of a young girl in the river, floating to the shore as the sun finally rose signalling the next morning. Mina's eyes opened slowly, fluttering against the bright sun as it beat down on her skin, while the cold water flowed around her, cooling her back and legs as she drifted through the river. The first thing She felt was pain in her shoulder and chest area, but she didn't bother to move. She knew She lost a lot. her vision was spotty and She felt too weak to move, even as the river dragged her down down more before stopping into ground and stone, scraping against her back. She flinched, but didn't move, simply let the water recede leaving her on the ground. She took a few pained deep breaths and sat up a little, only to lay back down with a silent grunt and inhaled slowly.

She looked around and saw she was by the river. Half her body was still in the water, her chest heaving slightly as she sat up, wincing in excruciating pain. She took a few deep breaths as her hand shot up to her shoulder. The shot Koba aimed for Ceaser hit her just above her heart, and it was bleeding badly. For a moment, she sat there, assessing if she had the strength to even stand.

On shaky legs, she attempted to lift herself out of the river slowly, but once she noticed the large pool of blood sitting there, she panicked and held her shoulder, wobbling a little. She managed to get past the trees and up a hill before her vision became spotty and blurry. She fell on her knees with a silent huff and shook in pain and tiredness, then slowly, she laid back down face first into the grassy valley below her. She rolled over a little on her side, tears falling silently as she stared at the trees and bushes lining her vision. 

She didn't want to die, she wanted to live and stay with Blue Eyes and Ceaser and Cornelia and battle with Koba for respect. But instead, she bleeds out in the grass waiting for death. As she closed her eyes, her heart started to slow, her breathing became slow and deep and she felt her body giving up. until she heard her name.

"Mina!" she heard. She fluttered her eyes open and could barely see the blurry figure of Malcolm and Ellie with their son as they ran over to her.

"Thank god. Oh she's lost a lot of blood." Ellie says as they roll her on her front, looking at the deep wound and Malcolm shred a look with the woman.

"It's ok Mina, we're gonna get you fixed up." Ellie promised.

Malcolm picked her up and rushed to the colony, careful not to jostle her around so as not to lose more blood. When they reached the gates, Malcolm shouted so they could hear as they ran through the entrance, alerting the gorilla. He in turn, let out a loud howl and alerted the other apes, who were standing there waiting for them.

"We found her!" Malcolm yelled as they trudge through the yard with the other apes following behind curiously. 

The Obas helped them to the hut and set Mina on the mat where Cornelia once resided when she was ill. They tore off the rest of her shirt and stopped the bleeding with the bloodied cloth. By the time they had got her through the gates however, she was unconscious, though it was easier for Ellie and the obas to operate on her when she wasn't awake. As Ellie looked around for her supplies, she realized she didn't have any for this kind of wound.

"We don't have the medicine to help this." Ellie says.

Ceaser nodded to his obas, who brought the large kit to her side and opened it for Ellie, who looked through it. Finding what she needed thankfully, she began to remove the bullets and stitch her back up, all the while Ceaser and Cornelia were watching the entrance for their son.

'Blue eyes still gone?'

'where could he be?'

'maybe at her camp. Maurice.' He signs to his friend, who nodded and left with Ash and Rocket to the human girl's home.