Twenty Two

The next morning Mina found herself being nuzzled awake by warm lips across her shoulder up her neck. She shivered with delight as she opened her eyes, seeing Blue Eyes laying behind her on his elbows, looking down at her with a gentle smile. She smiled up at him and pulled his neck to her. They pressed foreheads and he stood stretching. She sat up and did the same, about to get up too when Blue Eyes shook his head.

"stay here. I have a gift for you." He says, rushing out of the hut. Shrugging, she got up, used the bathroom and brushed out her long hair. As she was braiding the mess of waves, Blue Eyes returned with something wrapped in cloth. He smiled down at her as he knelt by her side, handing the cloth to her. She pulled the cloth off gently and gasped at the sight with wide eyes.

It was her music box! She ran the rips of her fingers across the cool porcelain and smiled, tears beginning to form in her eyes.

Blue Eyes saw this and his smile faded. He didnt want to make her sad. He scooched closer to her and hugged her.

"Dont cry, please."

"Happy." She replied, wiping her tears as she smiled at him. He smiled and huffed out in relief as he pulled her into his lap, running his hand down her back while be brushed the tears from her eyes.

"Thank you." She spoke. He nodded and kissed her temple, then her cheek, then her neck and up to her lips.

"Mina...I have something I want to ask you." He says, suddenly becoming nervous and serious. Mina moves from his lap and sits in front of him, showing she had his full attention. He inhaled slowly and pulled something from behind his back and took her hand.

"I know humans ask for these things, but I don't want to risk you saying no if i do." He says slipping something on her hand. She looked at it confused, but when he pulled away hey eyes widened at what he put on her.

A ring.

Mina lifted her hand to look at the hand made ring, made from soft filled down wood and a small crystal in the middle of the tiny twigs wrapped around it to keep it in place. It was beautiful.

"I want you as a mate." He says as she stared at the ring.

She looked up at him in shock, seeing the seriousness in his eyes and she smiled slowly.

"Yes..." She mutters as tears formed again, throwing herself into his arms and hugging him.

He smiled as he held her close, his heart elated at the news and caressed her hair, back, cheeks, anything he could get his hands on to show he loved her.

"Lets go tell father." He says excitedly as he pulled away a bit, beaming at his new future mate.

Grinning she jumps up and rushed to the hut's entrance, barely waiting for him to get up and follow.

Hand in hand, the two moved through the village of apes, earning hoots of happiness and praise from some older ones like Rocket and e
Rex, and strange looks from the young. who don't know what was going on. When they reached Ceaser's hut, he was standing with Maurice, who smiled at the two As they approached. Ceaser turned to his son and smiled softly at the sight of the two.

"Son, Mina." He greeted as he stepped down and stood in front of them.

"Father. I have decided to make Mina mine." He says, head held up and eyes serious, but the old king could see the hope and joy in his son's eyes.

Ceaser sighs and turns to his own mate, who stood with Cornelius. With a nod, he turned from Cornelia and nodded to the two.

"Very well." Both grinned. "We will hold the ceremony tonight." He concludes and they nod before running off together to get ready.