Twenty Four

Mina felt pain she had never felt before in her life. Her bones felt like they would crack under the pressure, her head would explode, her eyes would pop out... For a single millisecond of life, she wished shed chosen another alternative than this. As the doctor continued to put different chemicals and potions into her system, she felt so defleated, she began to think she may not make it out alive. As the doctor turned off the machine that was supposed to be making her turn into something, he cursed.

"Damn, another failed attempt..." The doctor growled as he looked over at the still very human looking girl panting through her bloody nose on the chair, her mouth covered by a piece of leather and every part of her body strapped down. Her limbs looks like jello at this point, but still she reminded a woman.

"No matter, I'll find a way to mutate your body eventually." He says smiling his creepy grin at her.

"In the meantime, I'm hoping to go rest. 23 hours of staying up experimenting does no good for a man's looks." He says mocking a wink out of Mina. Her eyes just glared as best they can at him.

"Oh and by the way you'll have to stay in the chair tonight. we don't want a repeat of what happened last night now do we?" He asks.

Mina had attempted escape last night, kicking the doctor in the balls and hitting Koba upside the head with a metal tray used for tools. When she reached the curtain, Koba grabbed her and began to slap her, dragging her back by her hair while she kicked and screamed. Hence the punishment today.

Mina simple cast a look to Koba, who was standing there with an evil smirk and a large mallet over his shoulder. He kept motioning to the door, almost like he wanted her to run again, he enjoyed it so much.

"Well, goodnight dear. I'll see you in a bit." He says walking out of the room. but stopping at the doorway for a second.

"Make sure she had something in her system this time. Get her some soup, we don't want her fading too fast on us." He orders to Koba, who glared daggers at him while the doctor walked out. In her blurry state, she saw Koba huff out angrily and leave the room. Why did he help if he hated humans? He obviously hates the doctor. So why help him?

'Does he delight in just torturing me?' she thought as he returned with a clay bowl full of green spotty liquid. He put it sown on the tray and moved to her face. He pulled the leather bit out of her mouth and set it down on the table, picking up the bowl and small round spoon also made of claw.

"eat" He snapped as he spooned some up and put it to her mouth, but she refused. He growls and pushed it father to her.

"EAT!" he shouted. Mina flinched and opened her mouth a bit. He shoved the spoon down her throat and she gagged, the already cold soup dripping down her throat as she drank. Koba pulled out the spoon and did it all again, only this time it was gentler. not by much, but some. He spoon fed Mina until she was well enough to see straight. With a nod, Koba confirmed she was well and put the bowl down, walking away.

"Koba..." He froze at the door.

"You are ape, yes?" This confused him but he nodded.

"Then why are you slave to man?"

"I am no slave." He growled.

"Take orders like slave." She replied, staring blankly at him.

He was silent for three mind numbing seconds before growling and huffing out a shake of his head and walked out. Mina leaned her head back, allowing the dull throbbing pain in her body to subside.

'What are they doing to me?'

Meanwhile, Blue Eyes and Ceaser led a small group of apes through the trees looking for Mina. Ceaser kept stealing glances at his son. His same angry look was the same look on a similar angry apes face. Koba.