The Kiss

I walked out of the classroom heading to second period walking past the front doors of the school when Damon came running in from the doors "Erin!" He yelled as I shook my head "Did you really just get to school?" I asked as he stood in front of me with a big smile on his face "Not important. I talked to Joey this morning after training and he said you're in!" He yelled out as I smiled wide "Oh my god thank you so much!" I excitedly wrapped my arms around him as I hugged him. He tensed up at first but soon hugged me back "i-I'm sorry." I told him as I pulled away causing him to chuckle "It's alright. I want to show you something." He said as I nodded "Where?" I asked as he smirked "Not here." I furrowed my eyebrows together. "We can't just ditch school." I told him as he nodded his head "You need it so let's go." He grabbed my hand pulling me out of school, into the parking lot and towards his car. He quickly opened his passenger seat to his black mustang "Nice car." I smiled as I got in before he closed the door and quickly got into the driver seat "Thank you." He smiled before starting up the car and pulling out of the parking lot and driving down the street.

After driving for a good 20 minutes he finally pulled into a dirt road that was leading into the forest "I'm not being led to my death am I?" I asked, getting a chuckle out of Damon "Definitely not." He said as he stopped the car and put it into park. "Come on." He said getting out of the car. I slowly opened the door and got out looking around seeing all the beautiful green trees. I closed the car door as I looked over at Damon to see him looking at me with a smile on his face "This way." He said as I quickly followed him for a few minutes before a lake appeared. "This is where I come to think and relax." He told me truthfully as I nodded, "It's so peaceful." I looked around before looking at Damon to see him already looking at me. I immediately looked away and looked at the lake again. I carefully walked on the dock to the end before sitting down on the edge. Soon after Damon joined me and we sat in a comfortable silence for a while. "So why did you want to get into the ring?" He asked as I sighed, "It's a passion of mine, but I also need the money." I told him truthfully. I decided to change the subject away from the money topic "So how did Joey agree to let me fight?" I asked curiously "I um- he just owes me." He said as I looked towards Damon to see him already looking at me "Now the truth." He smiled, shaking his head slightly "I have to go up against Black Wolf." He quietly said as he looked out towards the water. I gasped when the name came out of his mouth "Damon, no. Are you crazy? He's never lost a fight before." I told him "I know, but that's the only way you could get into the ring." I shook my head "Then tell Joey I'm out. You'll get yourself killed." he nodded slowly "That may be the case but you have been wanting in on a fight since you started boxing." I furrowed my eyebrows "How did you know that?" I asked as he smiled "Joey." I shook my head letting out a laugh "Of course Joey told you that." I said as he chuckled, "Can I ask you something?" He asked, "You just did." I smiled as he shook his head with a slight smile on his face. "I'm serious." He told me as I nodded "Go on." I said while turning to face him "Why do you need the money so bad?" He asked while looking up at me "Um you know college and stuff." I told him as he nodded before standing up "It's okay you don't have to tell me the truth." He said as I laughed "What are you doing?" I asked confused as he took off his shirt and his jeans "I'm going for a swim." He said before jumping in. I held my hands up as water splashed on me "Damon!" I yelled as he came up from under water "Come on." He said as I shook my head "Don't be a wimp." He smirked as I playfully glared at him "Fine, turn around or close your eyes." I smiled at him as he chuckled, closing his eyes. I took off my shirt throwing it next to his pile of clothes and then took off my pants throwing them next to my shirt before jumping in the water. I came up from the water and wiped my eyes to see how close we were. "Are you going to tell me the truth about why you need the money?" He asked after a few minutes of silence "I told you." I quietly floated as he got closer to me. My heart picked up speed from how close he was to me "Where did you get the black eye?" He asked quietly as my eyes widened. Oh god my makeup! "I-it happened when I got into that fight." I told him trying to get him to believe me. He got even closer, gently rubbing his thumb under my eye where the bruising was "Erin, can I kiss you?" He quietly asked as I continued to stare into his blue eyes "What?" I asked before he leaned in and pressed his lips against mine. My eyes fluttered closed as I slowly kissed back wrapping my arms around his neck. We pulled apart and he leaned his forehead against mine. We stayed like that for a few minutes when a phone started ringing. I recognized the ringtone as mine. I pulled away from him and pulled myself into the dock before walking over to my jeans and checking my pockets when my phone stopped ringing. I quickly grabbed it to see my dad's name. My heart immediately dropped "I-I'll be right back just need to make a call." I told him as he stayed in the water. I put my shirt back on and slid my shoes back on before walking off into the forest a few feet before calling my father back.

(D-erin's dad. E-erin)

D- Where the fuck are you?

E-I-I'm sorry I'm coming home now

D-You got something coming for you.

E-please I didn't mean to be out late-

Before I could finish he hung up as I wiped my eyes before tears could fall before I turned around to head back to the lake when I saw Damon standing there.