eighteen

It was three days later, and our parents informed us this morning that they were going to stay in Florida for another week, as they hadn't gotten to vacation like this for quite awhile. They also made arrangements to Ashley to stay at camp for longer, even though I told them I had no problem watching her.

I was glad, though, this meant I got to spend more time alone with Harry.

Things were finally starting to go back to normal; I couldn't be more relieved.

Currently, it was almost two in the morning and Harry and I were sitting on my bathroom floor putting on facemasks. Well, I was putting a clay mask on Harry but he was too squirmy, so most of it ended up on the floor.

"Harold." I scrunched my nose, "For the billionth time you need to stop moving."

"It's too damn cold, I don't appreciate this Bella."

I shook my head and put one last dot on his nose. "That's as good as it's getting, you move around too much."

Harry rolled his eyes and stood up, holding out his arm for me to take.

I got up too, looking at us in the mirror, smiling.

"You know Harry, this is the most fun I've had in awhile,"

He leaned down to rest his chin on my shoulder. "I'm glad I could be a part of it Bella."

I turned off the bathroom light and walked to my bed, sitting down and grabbing my phone. I saw that Cheryl had texted me; I don't think I've ever opened a message so fast.

'Let's talk. Can I come over tomorrow?'

I texted her back saying of course and to let me know when, while Harry plopped down on the bed next to me.

"I'm sorry I didn't come home sooner Bella."

"It's okay Harry, really there's no need to apologise. We're adults now, we both have our own lives." I laughed lightly.

"You know you're gorgeous when you laugh, Isabella,"

I blushed and shook my head, "You're crazy Hazza,"

"Crazy for you," He mumbled under his breath.

I did a double take, not sure if I heard him correctly. "What?"

"Nothing," He looked at the floor.

"Okay.." I eyed him suspiciously, turning the TV on.

"This is itchy. Can I take it off now?" He looked adorable while he scratched his face.

"You're so whiny Harry," I laughed. "But yeah of course you can. There's cloths under the bathroom sink, can you bring me one too?"

He got up and disappeared into the living room, coming back a few seconds later with two damp cloths in his hands. "Here you go," He handed me one of them.

"Thanks,"

We wiped the masks off our faces then put the rags in the dirty landry. I decided to put 'Bad Moms' on netflix, while Harry laid down with his head in my lap.

Not long after my movie started, Harry began to snore and let me tell you, it was the absolute cutest thing ever.

I combed my fingers through his curls, looking at his sleeping figure.

It was strange to me, how close we became in such a short amount of time. Of course there was when we were kids, but it was different now. Our lives were happening, and I didn't know how to feel about it.

We slept in the same bed every night we were together, which would have been seen as odd by anyone but us. Not matter where we were or what happened between us we'd stick together.

Or at least I hoped we would.

I was pushed out of my thoughts when Harry rolled over, which gave me the chance to turn the movie off and lay down next to him.

As if on cue, seconds after I laid down he pulled me into his chest, and I fell asleep cradled in his arms.

The next morning I woke up to my phone ringing, and Harry's spot was empty.

Without checking the caller ID I rolled over and answered.

"Hello?" My throat was dry so my voice came out hoarse.

"Bella! Did I wake you?" It was Rick.

"No no, you didn't'. It's okay, what's up?"

'Well, I wanted to see if you had plans tonight? And if you didn't I was wondering if maybe you wanted to go to dinner?" He sounded very cheery for it being first thing in the morning.

"That would actually be really nice, there's some stuff that I wanted to talk to you about anyways."

"Sounds good. I'll pick you up at your place at eight?"

"I'll see you then. Bye Rick."

"Bye Bella."

I checked the time, seeing that it was in fact not the morning, but it was actually twelve in the afternoon. Shocked at how long I slept in, I quickly got out of bed and walked into the living room. Harry was in the kitchen, making pancakes.

"Smells good in here Haz."

"He handed me a plate of food and grabbed one for himself. We sat at the table and ate in silence.

"Any plans for the day?" He spoke up.

"Yeah actually, I have some university applications to send in then I'm going out with Rick at eight."

'Rick? Did you tell him that you stayed in New York?"

"I texted him a few days ago to let him know, otherwise he'd wonder why the police called him in again to talk to him if I wasn't here." I shrugged,

"Oh," He looked at the floor.

"Thanks for breakfast Haz. I'm gonna go work on applications if you need me."

Harry nodded without saying a word. He was acting different and I wasn't sure why, but I shrugged it off. Maybe it was his man period?

Little did I know that things were about to change, very, very drastically change for the both of us.

almost 600 reads wtf— ily🌞🌞