Chapter 18

Chapter 18

----------

I slipped into my simple yellow sun dress and walked out of the bathroom. Twisting my arm in attempt to zip up the back, I let out a frustrated growl as my hands dropped to my sides. Nash watched me with mock sympathetic eyes, tossing his phone up into the air and catching it.

"You know you are going to drop it and break it again." I sighed, reaching over my shoulder and grappling for the zipper.

"No I won't. Lemme get that for you Ry." Nash let his phone flop onto the bed and sauntered up to me. He stood behind me as I grabbed all my hair to the side and pulled the zipper up, slowly. His fingertips left a trail of unwanted goosebumps, and when he was down, hopped back onto the bed.

He was playing with me and I wasn't going to let him get to me.

"Thanks." I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. He smirked, and continued to throw his phone up into the air.

"No problem. You know I'd do anything for you." He grew serious, catching his phone and pausing to run a hand threw his hair.

"Of course." I threw him an easy smile and looked at the time on my phone.

"Bout time for you to leave?"

I nodded, reaching for the doorknob.

"Yeah, I'll be back soon." I glanced over my shoulder and Nash forced a smile I could clearly see through.

"Have fun! And don't forget to save me some food." He joked, and I wanted to just cuddle up with him, but I knew I couldn't. I gave a small laugh at how decent he was trying to be, no matter what pain he was enduring. Did I really mean that much to him?

I stepped out of the room and almost ran into Cam. He was in a white dress shirt and some black jeans. I would be lying if I said he didn't look like a Greek God. Cam smiled cheerily down at me.

My stomach churned a bit, as I imagined Nash standing in front of me. It was wrong, but I couldn't stop.

"I was just about to knock." He chuckled, nodding to the fist that was raised against the door. I laughed, grabbing his fist and untangling his fingers. Wrapping my small hand in his, I didn't realize how coarse his hands were.

"Did you play a sport? Your fingers are so rough!"

"Nah, I just did a lot of yard work at my mom's." I gave a small smile at his response; he obviously loved his mother very much.

"That's very nice of you."

"Come on, let's go." He grinned, dragging me down the hall and eventually out of the hotel. A few girls were outside and squealed, but he just smiled and waved as I stepped into the taxi he waved over. I could tell he loved his fans very much as he took a few pictures with them and kissed their cheeks.

He climbed into the cab next to me and leaned over to the cabbie, whispering a few words in his ear. Then Cam leaned back and took my hand in his. He smiled at me, and I smiled back.

"You haven't told me where you are taking me." I bumped his shoulder.

"Cause it's a surprise." He wiggled his eyebrows and I laughed.

"Tell me?" I begged, but he jut shook his head.

"Then it wouldn't be a surprise."

***

We drove for about 7 minutes before the taxi dropped us off at the beach. The sunset was vibrant with colors of orange, pink, purple, and yellow. It was breathtaking.