Chapter 4

"H-huh?!" Shuichi exclaimed.

"Wow, you're really shy! Those are always the easiest to have fun with... speaking of fun, I have physics soon so see ya!" Charles waved goodbye and left, giggling.

"...So that happened," You awkwardly commented. Shuichi sighed.

"Seems he's pretty... loud," Shuichi chose his words carefully.

"Yeah, I know what you mean," You agreed. Even if his voice wasn't loud, his entire personality was.

"Ah... do you mind if I sit with you? I don't have another class for a while..." Shuichi nervously asked.

"Go ahead, I don't care," You shrugged, going back to doing your chemistry homework.

Shuichi sat down and placed his backpack beside him, taking out a notebook and starting to write in it.

"I'm assuming you also got first day homework?" You prompted.

"Mhm... but it's easy..." Shuichi quietly answered, and silence fell between the two of you as you both worked on your homework quietly. You finished your work in about ten minutes and put it away, checking the time on your phone. You still had a while before you had to go anywhere. You played on your phone lazily until Shuichi eventually finished his work too, putting it away in his backpack.

"So what class do you have next?" You casually asked.

"Let me check..." Shuichi took out a neatly folded physical copy of his schedule from his pocket, "Um... it looks like I have a law study class."

"Wait, really? Me too!" You gasped slightly.

"It makes sense though," Shuichi shrugged, and you nodded in agreement.

"I wonder if the teacher's gonna be like, Judge Judy or something," You joked.

"I could honestly see her being more of a secretary if she had to work at this school..." Shuichi thought aloud.

"Eh?! Why a secretary?" You questioned.

"If you think about it, being a judge for civil cases and being a secretary have overlaps," Shuichi explained. You paused and thought about it for a minute.

"Mmm... I guess I could see it," You sort of agreed. You were about to say something else when you felt a small droplet of water hit your hand, "Eh?"

"What is it?" Shuichi asked.

You pointed to the water droplet that now rested on your hand, "I think it's starting to rain."

Another droplet hit the table, and you looked around and saw that the concrete was starting to turn a darker shade of grey because of rain.

"We should get inside so we don't catch a cold," Shuichi warned, standing up.

"Probably," You agreed, standing up as well and grabbing your backpack, "Man... now I kinda regret not bringing a jacket..."

"Here..." Shuichi opened his backpack and took out a grey hoodie, handing it to you.

"Eh? First of all, I can't take that, second of all, why were you casually carrying a hoodie?" You crossed your arms.

"(Y/N), please accept it... and... you'd be surprised what I carry around..." Shuichi kept the hoodie extended to you, and you sighed as you realized there was no way around it and put on the hoodie.

"When do you want it back?" You asked.

"Whenever it's convenient for you... and when you're not in the cold," Shuichi glared slightly as he said the last part.