True Ending

You walked into the facility, holding a large basket of gifts and items. It wasn't easy being in this position, but it was the best you could do for this situation. You didn't want Shuichi to go crazy again, so you were forced to visit him every week.

It wasn't all that bad. He was going to be stuck here for at least ten years and you'd be part of the team that evaluated if he was stable enough to leave or if he needed more time in the facility. He didn't know you'd be part of the team either so you were sure you'd be able to be more accurate and he wouldn't fake sanity to you.

And if you were going to be honest... you still loved him. Even if you also hated him for doing those horrible things to your friends and giving you a child you struggled to care for on your own, you still loved him somewhere in your heart. It was a strange feeling to hate him so much you could kill him but to love him so much you could marry him.

"Hey Shuichi, I brought you some stuff cuz it's Valentine's Day!" You smiled, gesturing to the pink basket that had gifts hidden under heart-shaped tissue paper. You hoped that when the staff did inventory on it before allowing Shuichi to have it that they didn't tear the paper.

"Oh, thanks..." Shuichi seemed genuinely surprised, and staff took your basket to make sure everything in it was okay to give to Shuichi. The two of you then went to a visitation room, and once the staff member left you smirked.

"I knew they wouldn't let you have any chocolate because they're stupid, so here," You took a heart-shaped tin box out of your pocket and gave it to him. The container itself would possibly be contraband, but you knew the chocolate was.

Shuichi gave you a bit of a strange look before taking the chocolates, which he started eating.

"Thank you, (Y/N). These are delicious, but I'm afraid if I don't want to be seen with contraband I have to eat these as fast as I can..." Shuichi sighed.

"Do you need a way to hide them cleverly?" You asked.

"You know a way?" Shuichi raised a brow.

"Well, I have an idea. You said there's a circuit breaker in each room, right? Well... you could hide stuff in there. You'd probably need a screwdriver to get in but you can just keep that on your person at all times. They don't do body checks, right?" You suggested.

"Hm... I guess but there probably wouldn't be any room to hide stuff even if I got in," Shuichi slumped a bit.

"There'd probably be a small space big enough to hide stuff like that little box I gave you. And to decrease your chances of being caught, once you're done with it you can just sneak it back out to me! I actually brought a screwdriver and I can give it to you if you want," You offered.

"...Sure, we'll try your idea," Shuichi's intentions solidified, and you gave him the screwdriver. He hid it carefully in his pocket as well as the chocolates, and you couldn't even tell they were in his pockets.

You chuckled, "Happy contraband Valentine's Day~!"

You then gave Shuichi a hug, and he was surprised before returning it. He kissed your forehead with a smile.

"Happy Valentine's Day... I love you," Shuichi mumbled.

"I love you too," You chuckled and kissed his cheek. Shuichi blushed a little bit and brought you closer.

"It's been so long since we've hugged, (Y/N)..." Shuichi whispered, "I wish we could stay like this forever..."

"We'd die if we did that. But we can hug a lot more often if you want to," You giggled.

"Yeah... I'd like that," Shuichi seemed satisfied with that.

~~~

"Where are we goinnnggg? This place is so far out!" Alexis whined.