Chapter 22

You opened your eyes slowly and felt something warm and kind of squishy underneath you, which confused you. You groaned and rubbed your eyes before slowly blinking them open to see that you were in Shuichi's lap and snuggled up to him like a kitten. Looking around, you saw that you were still in the hospital corridor. Henry's body had been removed from the floor.

"Oh, you're awake," Shuichi smiled a little.

You yawned, "How long was I sleeping...?"

"Just a couple hours... sadly, Simon's room has stayed off limits. Henry's body was taken... somewhere, all they told me was it was up to his family to decide what they were going to do," Shuichi informed.

"Oh..." You mumbled, the news leaving everything vague. You felt worried that you might lose Simon too, and so soon after losing Henry.

"I asked a doctor about Simon though... they said he's not stable yet but they've made good progress... I hope that means we'll see him soon," Shuichi commented.

"Yeah, me too..." You agreed.

There was silence for a few minutes before you looked up at Shuichi, "Um, hey Shuichi...?"

"Hm?" he hummed.

"Uh... th-thanks... for comforting me," You awkwardly stuttered.

"You're welcome," Shuichi smiled a little and gently played with your hair. He then started blushing and avoiding eye contact with you.

"Huh? What's wrong?" You asked.

"S-sorry, I-I'm just... n-nevermind," Shuichi shook his head.

"Tell me what it is," You demanded.

"...C-can I k-kiss you...?" Shuichi blushed darkly.

"W-wait, like on the cheek or on the lips...?" You trailed off.

"...O-on the lips..." Shuichi admitted quietly and awkwardly.

"O-oh, um... I-I don't know, I-I guess...?" You stammered, not sure how else to react.

Shuichi seemed really nervous before slowly leaning in and shyly kissing you on the lips, but he quickly pulled away, his face practically burning dark red. You were frozen for a second before you suddenly kissed Shuichi on the lips, bringing your hand up to the back of his head so he couldn't pull away. He jumped before settling into it and kissing back, gently pulling you closer. It was a slow, sweet kiss that lasted a while before you pulled away, blushing and panting a little. Shuichi was a blushing mess.

"D-does that m-mean you...?" Shuichi trailed off, and you shyly nodded, "Th-then... does that mean we're...?"

"I-if you want to," You shyly fiddled with your hands, feeling nervousness and anxiety crawl inside you.

"I'd like that..." Shuichi mumbled.

"Then... I guess that means we're a thing..." You quietly concluded.

Shuichi suddenly hugged you tightly, and you were a little surprised.

"I-... n-nevermind..." Shuichi shook his head but kept hugging you. You didn't prompt him again and instead hugged him back, enjoying the embrace.

Movement from the corner of your eye caught both yours and Shuichi's attention. Looking up, you saw Simon's door open. Immediately you stood up and so did Shuichi.

"Simon!!!" You called, rushing to his room, followed by Shuichi. You both practically ran inside, eager to see how he was doing.

Simon was awake with a very heavy bandage over one of his eyes. The nurse had heavily bloodstained sheets and blankets on a cart that she quickly wheeled off.