CHAPTER 20

MAANVI'S POV

I wake at 7:30 as today is a day off for me as we have been working very hard for the past few weeks. I sit in the balcony enjoying the sunshine and drinking my coffee. At around 9 I get a video call from jaanvi. " hi why are you outside during the night?" I could see it was really dark outside. " actually we came to have a romantic dinner" I look at her with the blank expression " don't need to flatter yourself and make me feel bad that I don't have a boyfriend" " hey! he is not my boyfriend anymore" she says in somewhat monotone and I get worried and Dhruv comes into the frame " what did you do to my friend? I will punch you if you make her sad" I shout at him. "my girlfriend's heroine I won't hurt your best friend" he says hugging jaanvi " alright " I agree with him " what I mean is he is no longer my boyfriend but my FIANCE  " she says excitedly and shows of her engagement ring " aaaaaa! tell me all the details "I shout at her ." I'll tell you once I come back" I pout " do I have to wait for so long" " bye ! " she cuts the call and I send her a congratulations message and go on and watch some videos on youtube.

At around 11 I plan to film a video as I was getting so bored. I quickly set up my camera and film my top favorite k-dramas and c-dramas. I finish filming at around 2 o clock and I have some salad for lunch and sit to edit my videos. in the middle of editing, I get a call from Yash. 

M-" hello " 

 Y- "I have my b' day party this Saturday in the club near the office and your coming as my partner and I won't take NO for answer."   

M- " are you asking me to come or giving me an order?" 

Y-" I'm asking you as your best friend and ordering you as your superior"

We talk about random things and also on what plans he has on Saturday and we talk for about an hour before he hung up and I close my laptop as I was not having the interest to edit. I think of gift ideas for Yash and I get an idea that I could paint him a self - portrait. I get my painting tools and canvas and search for a nice picture that I could paint.   

ISHAAN'S  POV

Today started off on a good note but as I and Yash were going to the office I realized that Maanvi is not going to come. I look through my emails and reply to some important ones. I could hear him giggling to himself seeing his phone. I peek into his phone and I see he is reading texts from Maanvi and I feel a weird feeling inside me and I clear my throat just to pull him out of his world.  I go into my office and sit and look through the progress and I look at the design Maanvi gave yesterday and stare at it. 

FLASHBACK

I go to my private elevator with Yash. I keep talking to Yash about what we are going to do today. I walk into the floor and as soon as I pass the reception I could see maanvi and I noticed that she looked different from all the other days. as I was secretly observing her, I see Siddharth approaching her. I feel jealously inside me and I never felt it before. Yash goes to maanvi and she looks up when Yash shouts her name and she greets him and I keep observing them and I could see she was uncomfortable with that sid guy sitting close to her. I thank Yash in my mind and suddenly she looks at me which caught me off guard and I rush into the office before I do something. 

During lunch, as I was about to come out of my office I could hear maanvi and Yash coming and I guess maanvi was talking on the phone as Yash wasn't talking. I listen to the conversation and I think to myself " she is so cute"  soon after the thought I shake my head to remove the thoughts and I make my self believe that I "accidentally" heard their conversation even though deep down I know it's not true. I could the whole scene about Yash apologizing and I had a small smile on my face and I was surprised with myself. 

*NEXT DAY*

During the meeting, I keep looking at maanvi and I could tell that she was uncomfortable. I go behind her and then sit beside her and I could smell her perfume and it was a mix of rose and lavender which has a very mild smell and it's my favorite brand of perfume. As I was explaining her I could feel our legs touching lightly and I secretly look at her expression if she would feel uncomfortable. When I saw she didn't feel uncomfortable I had a happy feeling inside my heart.

*just before maanvi entered*

I was looking through my computer to find old photos which I took in uni to see if I could find "my dream girl" as Yash calls her. I was so much in deep thought about her and I was thinking what would I say to her if I meet her. "will she like me ?" all these questions and possible answers I was thinking and I didn't see who entered. I was pulled back to reality by maanvi's voice. I get immersed in her sweet voice and also on how she is dressed. I pull myself back together before she thinks I'm a crazy person. I just say her to leave her work on my desk.     

*present*

I was pulled out of my thoughts by my phone ringing. I see that Dhruv was calling me. I lift the call " hi! did you get any info?" I ask excitedly." sorry yar I'll search and send you once I reach Delhi. but I wanted to give you a happy news" I was a bit disappointed that he didn't find anything but I didn't show it on my face. " call Yash and ill tell you the news" I call Yash from the intercom and soon he bashes into my room " YO BRO!" Yash shouts as soon as he sees Dhruv. "okay as Yash is here, the good news is I'm engaged and I'm getting married soon " he says excitedly. " I'm happy for you," I say but Yash snatches my phone " THAT'S AMAZING BRO!" he shouts through the phone. something I feel that Dhruv is Yash's friend more than my friend but on the contrary, he is my childhood friend and Yash was introduced later on.

After the phone call of an hour, Yash returns my phone. " I'm having my b' day party in the club nearby. I'm ordering you to come and before you say no maanvi is also coming" he doesn't give me any time to talk. " maanvi is coming?" I ask him in shock as to how he convinced her to come. I soon regret asking him as he now has a devil smirk on his face " oh ! so you're coming if maanvi is coming?" I just ignore him. " don't ignore me. I know you like her" he says catching me off guard " how do you know I like her ?" I ask him out of curiosity" see you admit that you like her " Yash says pointing a finger at me. " the way you look at her and all the secret staring. I notice everything my friend " he says putting his hand on my shoulder. I shrug his handoff. " all jokes aside though you never looked at the girl and admired her as much as you did for maanvi. but except for your dream girl. she is on another level". He says and my brain is blank by listening to his reasoning. the whole day passes without knowing and I get my work done and go home as my mind is not in the right state of mind. I lie on my mind and think about what Yash has told. 

" AM I  STARTING TO FALL FOR MAANVI OR DO I WANT TO SEARCH FOR MY DREAM GIRL AND WANT A LIFE WITH HER....."        

MAANVI'S OUTFIT

Hi guys. Here is another chapter of inked with love. what do you think of this chapter? whom do you think Ishaan will end up with. Don't forget to vote and if you have any suggestion please leave it in the comments. I would love to know your reviews.

Lots of love,

Ashley