CHAPTER 36

MAANVI'S POV

*Time Skip*

I don't know how and when the time passed so quickly. These past few weeks I and Ishaan spend his lunchtime together. It is either I cook lunch and take or we have it in the nearby cafe. Today Ishaan is going to the Maldives to check on the progress and he will stay there for about 2 weeks. 

I go to drop Ishaan in the airport. As we go inside and wait for the flight to be called for checking, I catch his hand in mine and just space out thinking how I'm going to miss the time we spend together. We will be in different time zones. Just thinking about it brings tears in my eyes. Last night I couldn't fall asleep. I think to myself " how did I  live for the past 23 years." I snap out of my thoughts when I feel a hand rubbing my back. I look at Ishaan and give him a small smile.  I just feel him hold my hand tightly trying to comfort me. Soon his flight is called and I hug him tightly and he hugs me back. He walks up to the gate and turns back, I wave to him. he comes back to me and hugs me again. He bends down a little and I could feel his breath near my ear " I LOVE YOU. Take care of yourself " he whispers in his husky voice and I stand still processing what he just told. I couldn't stop the flow of tears from my eyes. He goes inside the gate and I snap out of my thoughts. I call him immediately and I could see him from the glass door. As soon as he lifts the phone he turns back to look at me  " I LOVE YOU TOO. please take of your self " I say on the phone and I see him put a shocked expression but then he has a beautiful  smile on his face, "these 2 weeks will pass by quickly and we will be together forever." He says.

I go back home and find a book to read to get my mind off things. I decided to distract myself with work. In the afternoon I go to the library to collect some novels to read. As soon as the librarian sees me she smiles" Maanvi! its been a long time I saw you. You don't come here anymore " I smile and explain to her I was out of the country. I go pick up the novels as I pay for it and as I come out I receive a text from Jaanvi so I go back home.  The rest of the day  I read novels and relax and just to call it a day.

  The rest of the day  I read novels and relax and just to call it a day

*Time Skip*

*Time Skip*

It's been a week since Ishaan left and we call each other every day in the night and tell each other about how our day went. Yash came back the next day Ishaan left and dragged me to help him in the office. As I studied MBA it was a bit easy. Today I decided to take a break from going to the office. I sit with my iPad to write down notes on the novel I was reading so I don't forget them later. As I was noting them down suddenly doorbell rings. I was a bit confused as I wasn't expecting anyone. I open the door to see my mom and dad. I take the luggage from my mom " mama, papa aap yaha kya kar rahe hai? ( what are you doing here? ) " my mom hits my hand lightly  " can't we visit our daughter" I hug my mom " no you can come anytime " I hug my dad also and put their luggage in jaanvi's room which became a guest room. 

We talk about how all the things are in Hyderabad and I cook us lunch and we sit on the dining table and suddenly my mom questions me  " maanvi you are already 24. When are you getting me a son- in- law ?" I was shocked that my mom asked me the question out of no-where. My parents are very supportive and don't often talk about marriage.   As I was about to answer my dad cuts me off " my princess is still young don't force her " and after that, we eat in silence.

In the evening, I was sitting with my laptop editing my blog to post it tomorrow. My mom is acting suspiciously like she would ask me if I had a boyfriend or do I like someone at the workplace?. It is weird when all of a sudden your mom starts questioning you when she never asked such a question in my life. As I and papa were watching TV my mom comes and sits across me on the sofa " Anu do you have a saree?" I look at her weirdly  " why ma? what are you hiding from me ?" my mom looks at my dad  " you should tell her " my dad says and my mom sighs.  "don't get angry and deny it. It is a sincere request from ma and papa ok. If you love us then you have to accept it " ma says very fast.  " What is it ma ?"  " ok, so we got a phone call 3 days ago." she pauses and I couldn't control myself as I already feel it was bad news. " AND?" I ask her almost falling off the sofa." We got a marriage proposal for you. The guy is really good looking and also well settled in his career and the family also seems so good. " I couldn't believe what my mom was talking and my mind went blank for 2 min and then I snap about of it and the only thought I had was what about Ishaan?. " ma why so suddenly? "I panic and try to find some reason to deny it but my mom was stubborn " Anu I don't want to hear anything, they are coming the day after tomorrow AND tomorrow we are going shopping." mom says leaving no place for an argument ." papa you tell ma na, please" I take my dad's hand in my hands.  " beta it's your wish to marry the guy or not but first see him. Both ma and pa are getting old now and we really think the guy is perfect for you" papa says gently patting my head. I was in loss of words I just nod and I rush into the room so they couldn't see me crying. 

I don't know for how long I was crying but I was cut off by my phone 'hello " I say on the phone and I didn't bother to look at the caller id.  "Anu why are you crying? what happened? "I hear a very concerned jaanvi on the phone. I try to calm myself down to talk " jaanu ma and pa saw a guy and he is coming the day after tomorrow "I break down again " Anu don't cry. Did you call Ishaan? aunty called and asked me to come tomorrow to shopping " she asks and I could hear her heavy breathing.  " I couldn't bring myself to call him jaanu." I say and my tears keep flowing down like a waterfall. I couldn't talk so I cut the call. 

With half an hour I hear a knock on the door and I try to wipe my tears and set my hair and put on a fake smile and open the door. I see jaanu standing and I immediately pull her into the room and lock in and I hug her tightly and the tap of tears again opens. Jaanvi hugs me back and rubs my back. I collapse on the floor. " Anu calm down and let's think of a way. Why didn't you tell about Ishaan to aunty and uncle?" jaanu asks. "I and Ishaan decided that after he comes back we are going to say together. He told me he would be beside me so he can take the burden off me " I say and I get up and go wash my face to stop my tears.  " Anu they gave you a choice to choose right?" I nod " but by the look of it my mom already decided he is going to be her son in law ".As jaanu was trying to calm me down I feel a strong headache and the room spinning. I fall on the bed and blackout...... jaanu covers me with a bed sheet and puts a cold cloth on my forehead.   

Hi guys. here is another chapter of Inked With Love. Maanvi is getting MARRIED? who do you think the guy is? if you like the chapter don't forget to vote and if you have any suggestions leave it in the comments.

I'm so happy to say that the book is about to reach 2.5k readers. thankyou to everyone.

Quick question to the readers: if you have any questions you can leave it in the comments section and I would love to know where my readers are from. ( if you don't mind sharing)

Lots Of Love;

Ashley❤