CHAPTER 28

MAANVI'S POV

Today is the Haldi ceremony and the last ceremony before marriage. Today we have a dress code i.e yellow. The bride and groom have haldi separately. I'm dressed in a yellow Kurti and all the family members put Haldi (turmeric paste) on hands, legs, and face. Only married women from the family put the Haldi.  The ceremony goes smoothly but it is believed that if the Haldi is put by the bride to unmarried women she will get married soon.  Jaanvi calls me to take her phone and as I bend down to take her phone she puts in on my face. " JAANVI!" I shout and try to rub it and jaanvi's mom and elders start teasing me " aab maanvi ki Shadi jaldhi hone wali he( maanvi's marriage is gonna happen soon)" I shake my head and go to wash my face. I have a yellow spot on my cheek due to haldi. We ask permission to bring Dhruv so we could take a couple of pictures of them. I take a few pictures of them.

After photos, we all leave to change clothes and relax as there is no other ritual. After lunch, we all gather around the hall and divide into a group to do our own thing. As the bride and groom and not allowed to meet each other they stayed in their room. I, Yash, Ishaan, Siddharth, and few of the cousins were sitting around discussing among ourselves. I notice that Ishaan had a yellow spot on his cheek which is almost faded. I feel shy and I try to control my emotions and pull myself together.  After sometime jaanvi joins us and everyone decided to play truth or dare. One of them found an empty bottle and starts the game.

 The game starts and it goes smoothly. In between the game, Ishaan gets a phone call so he goes. Till now I got one truth and it was something about my vlogs and it's going around the circle. It's come to jaanvi and she picks truth. Jaanvi's cousin who was flirting me with asked jaanvi " reveal one thing about one of the stupid things the person sitting to your right has done in the past?" jaanvi looks at me and whispers "is it ok if I tell the college thing so he will leave you alone?" I nod as she won't reveal anything personal. " ok so in college maanvi liked a guy who stood up for her but she couldn't find the guy as he transferred out "I think back to the guy I liked and probably still like if I didn't like Ishaan but  I'm still unsure. The bottle goes around and lands on Yash and he chooses truth and one of the girls asked him" have you ever thought of marriage before?" I roll my eyes at the question. She probably likes Yash. I look at Yash just in time to see his expression change from happy to sad.  As I was about to ask him if he was ok one of the elders come and ask us to move out of there and all of us disperse. I rush outside to find Yash as he looked very sad. on the way out I see Ishaan. I rush to him and ask him" have you seen Yash?" he looks puzzled and nods " he went to the lakeside garden over there" he points towards the lake direction." thanks!" I shout and run towards the lake. I see him sitting to the corner deep in thought.

 A/N: MENTION OF SELF HARM AND SUICIDE. IF YOU GET TRIGGERED PLEASE DON'T READ IT. SKIP THE REST OF THE CHAPTER.

YASH'S POV (surprise)

Currently, all the youngsters are gathered around the main hall and everyone divided into groups and doing their own thing. Everyone decided to play truth or dare and the game started off simple. It went around and the questions were nothing serious. After jaanvi told one of maanvi's secret it made me wonder who that guy was. I felt overprotectiveness over maanvi as I consider her my best friend. I was so into my thoughts that I didn't realize that it was my turn. I didn't take the game seriously. I choose truth and one of the girls asks "  have you ever thought of marriage before?" As soon I hear the question my mind went blank and instantly my smile fades and all the trauma I experience rushes back. I try to control my thoughts but I couldn't do it. Luckily one of the elders stops us and I immediately ran off from the hall to the lakeside. I bump into Ishaan but I didn't care at that moment. I sit in one of the corners and try to calm myself down from bringing back all the old memories. 

I didn't realize when maanvi came and sat beside me but she puts a hand on my shoulder which pulls me out of my thoughts. I give her a smile but she doesn't give me any reaction. She doesn't ask me anything but just sits beside me. I take a deep breath and start off " when I was studying in Cambridge I fell in love with one girl" I give a pause and maanvi doesn't say anything but nods for me to continue. I fiddle with my rings on my hands and continue "I was so in love with her that I didn't realize what the outside world looks like. I always thought how did God create such a beautiful creature? she was my world and I thought she thought I same" I had a small smile on my face but it disappeared as I continue " we were dating for a year and I always gave her expensive gifts because the cost didn't matter. I would give my life also. She made me so happy that it made me ignore everything. When others would tell something bad about her, I was ready to defend her and fight with everyone who disagreed with me. It went to an extent where I almost broke my friendship with Ishaan also" my vision became a blur and I feel teardrops on my face. Maanvi takes my hand and squeezes it lightly as if assuring that she is there. I blink away my tears and continue " in the second year she started avoiding our meetups and I always thought she was busy studying and I compromised" he lets out a sarcastic chuckle " but one day I decided to surprise her but I found her in bed with someone. I was so heartbroken that I felt my life has ended. I went into depression after that. When I asked her about it she said she fell out of love with me and she used me to get to Ishaan but he didn't even pay attention to her. So she decided to sleep with others. She told me I was just a money transfer machine for her. After that day I started self-harming myself without anyone knowing and one day Ishaan found me cutting and we fought for hours and I made a promise I would stop. I tried to control the urge for somedays and Ishaan had hidden all the sharp objects from me.  My depression got worst and I was lagging in classes and was about to get kicked out of the college. I couldn't handle the pressure and tried committing suicide but luckily Ishaan saved me before I died and knocked some senses into me. I blame myself cause because of me Ishaan was effected and he lost trust in all the girls. I'm one of the reasons he doesn't have a girlfriend and spend like normal people spend their 20's." We sit in silence and I show her the scars which are almost faded into the skin. I don't know what made me open up but I feel like a burden is off my shoulders after telling it to someone. 

I don't know how long we sat there but tears keep flowing and I don't try and stop them. "I'm sorry I made you sit and listen "I apologize. she silently hugs me tightly. I hug her back and she lets go after some time and we sit in silence. " don't blame yourself it was not your mistake." "come on let's go " she pulls on my hand. As I and maanvi were walking I notice something on the back of her neck. " maanu STOP!" she seemed shocked and stands still. " Is that what I think it is?"  

MAANVI'S HALDI OUTFIT

Hi guys. here is another chapter of Inked With Love. what are your thoughts on the chapter? so we know the reason why Ishaan is so cold in the starting. Don't forget to vote and comment if you have any suggestions. 

Lots Of Love, 

Ashley❤