CHAPTER 38

MAANVI'S POV

I sleep after my phone call with Ishaan and I was a little relieved that Ishaan is going to come. With that thought, I slept. I wake around noon and see that jaanvi and my mom went shopping and my dad is sitting on the sofa doing his work. I go and lay my head on my dad's lap and my tears soak his pants. My dad Pats my head " beta you don't have to marry the person who is coming tomorrow. It is your wish. When we first received their call we were shocked and we wanted to reject him but seeing how he was a good match for you we agreed to meet. We don't want to force anything on you" I just nod and we stay silent and I just silently lay there for some time. My dad makes us lunch.

After eating I go back into my room and I check my phone to see Ishaan's message. I was heartbroken that we can't be together and his mom searched for a match for him. I feel very useless right now.  The worst thoughts come into my mind and I can't help but question if they are really true. I just cry myself to sleep.

In the evening, Yash comes to keep me company along with Jaanvi. Jaanvi was telling me that my mom is very sad that I don't trust them with the right match for me. The only thought I had was I failed to be a good daughter. Yash and jaanvi comfort me about it and tell me not to worry too much and just sleep as tomorrow will be dreadful.

*NEXT DAY*

I get up feeling way better than yesterday. My fever and tiredness are gone so I do some stretching and simple workout. I make myself a coffee and go into my room to wake jaanvi up. I sit down near my table and open my laptop to browse through youtube and see what I have missed. Jaanvi went home this morning as she has some work and I couldn't stop her. 

At around 9 mom comes inside my room and pushes me to get ready. I take 30 min to come out of the washroom. I see a simple but beautiful saree on the bed. I just silently wear it and get ready to satisfy my parents. I put light makeup to cover my puffy eyes and dark circles. I prepare myself to say NO to my parents after the guy went off and then Ishaan and I will tell them.

I get ready and sit on the bed and read a book to distract myself from thinking too much. I wasn't able to concentrate so I keep the book aside and open my laptop to see some old videos and I come across pics of me and Ishaan looking so happy and I automatically have a smile on my face. As I was looking to pictures I hear the front door opening and my heart skips a beat due to nervousness. I go into the kitchen and wait there for my mom to come inside and take me out. I anxiously stand there and I hear the voices of a lady and a man I guess their parents. My parents and his parents start talking and I haven't heard a third voice and I don't want to also. I take my phone and message Ishaan to clam down my nervousness.  As I text him he just texts me a smiley face and a heart.

I hear my mom happily laughing and it made me think how she would react when Ishaan comes here

I hear my mom happily laughing and it made me think how she would react when Ishaan comes here. " we are very happy that our daughter is marrying into such a nice family." My mom says and the guy's mom replies " no it's our pleasure that we are getting a daughter like her."  I felt bad that I'm going to disappoint so many people. " I think we should fix the date of engagement. I'll call pandit and I'll send the dates. If you are ok with it then we can proceed with preparation" the guy's mom says and I was shocked. " we are very happy to hear that." My mom comes inside and I carry a tray of snacks and juice to give it to the guy's family. I don't look up but just keep the tray on the table. " beta come and sit here with us" guys mom says and I look up her and I'm shocked to see Ishaan and his parents sitting right in front of me. I just stare at them blankly and my legs give up. As I was about to fall Ishaan quickly catches me and supports me by holding my shoulders. " it's ok everything will be alright " Ishaan whispers in my ear and makes me sit on the sofa. He keeps rubbing my back. " aunty can we speak alone " Ishaan asks my room and my mom nods and Ishaan helps me get up and takes me to my room.