CHAPTER 22

ISHAAN'S POV

I wake at 5 and do my morning exercise and get ready by 8 as I have to go to the club to see whether the arrangements are proper or not as today is Yash's birthday. As soon as I sit to have breakfast. I hear my door opening and I hear " BIRTHDAY BOY IN THE HOUSE!" Yash shouting on top of his lungs. " don't shout" I say as soon as I see him. " don't be a mood spoiler" he comes and sits opposite to me on the table and pulls my plate which is in front of me and start eating without any care of the world. I shake my head and prepare another plate of pancakes.

On the way to the office, I and Yash stop by the club, and I talk to the manager and then go to the office. Except for the meeting, the whole day passes like normal. In the evening I call Yash " are you coming with me ?" I ask him. He shakes his head " no I'll go to my house and come directly there. By the way, maanu and Raina are coming with me as their houses are far away and they won't make it if they go back" Yash casually says. As soon as I hear maanvi is going to Yash's house I feel this jealously inside me. I don't know when but I  instantly start thinking of all the possibilities that could happen. I was pulled out of my thought by Yash's voice " don't keep that scary face. I'm not going to take bhabhi (sister in law) from you" I shake my head " maanvi isn't your bhabhi yet" I tell him in a plain voice but inside I was very happy listening to that word.

I go home at 7 and get ready and go to the club by 8 and directly go to my friend's table. The whole time I keep looking around to see if I could find maanvi but I couldn't see her anywhere and I know she has come because Yash is here. As I was chatting to one of my friends sitting beside me, Yash comes and I see that maanvi is with him. I'm wonderstruck by how beautiful maanvi looks and I couldn't take my eyes off of her, but then I see that Yash's hand is placed on her waist and sudden possessiveness comes out and I keep glaring at his hand until he removes it.

Yash introduces maanvi to our friend's circle and it seems that they already know her. Listening to what my friend said I realize that in fact, I'm living under a rock as everyone seems to know who she is except me. Throughout the whole night I secretly keep looking at her and thinking to myself" she looks so beautiful. " one of the friends cracks a joke and everyone laughs but her laugh caught me off guard " it is so melodious. she looks so beautiful smiling" I pull myself together before I get lost in my thoughts. As I was talking with one of my friends about his business, I see Siddharth coming and whispering something in maanvi ear and she nods and they both disappear into the crowd.

curiosity has got the best of me and I excuse myself to go find them. As I was going to the entrance Yash calls me to go see the fireworks. As soon as I go to the balcony area I see that Siddharth was standing on the other balcony. I run towards the other balcony and stand behind a pillar where no one can see me. I listen to the whole confession and I was imagining the worst scenario that is maanvi accepting Siddharth and suddenly I shake my head and shout "NOOOOO!" the two people seemed startled by my voice. So to hide it I just act like I'm on my phone and go to the balcony where they can see me " can you hear me ?" I ask into the phone acting like I was talking to someone. I look at them and maanvi had a shocked face and also kinda worried face. I act surprised to see them and cut the call " I'm sorry I just came and I didn't see you here." I say to maanvi particularly. " you can carry on" I say and go back inside and I see that maanvi is also coming inside and I'm very relieved.

MAANVI'S POV

when I heard the voice I was very scared and when it turned out that it was Ishaan and I got more scared that he might get a wrong idea. I was relieved that he didn't hear the conversation at least that's what he told. I follow him inside and I decided to go home as it was past midnight. I go to Yash and tell him in his ear as it was very loud "I'm going home. thanks for the invite." I hug him " wait ! you can't go alone," he says and calls Ishaan who is near him "take maanu home. it's late," he says and I can see him nudging Ishaan and winking at him "what is happening?" I was thinking to myself and I'm more surprised that Ishaan has agreed to drop me. We go to his car and he opens the door and I put my address on his phone.

On the way, it was every awkward as both of us were not speaking and only soft music from the radio is playing. "Maanvi---" " sir--" we both start at the same time and I giggle a little and Ishaan says " you first" " sir--" I was thinking how to ask him whether he heard mine and Siddharth conversation. After thinking for a while I decided to ask him directly " sir have you heard what Siddharth sir has told". I observe his face and he shakes his head " no what did he tell you?". I panic on what to tell him so I just lie " oh! He- he told me about some of the designs he liked and to present it to you" I scratch the back of my head in awkwardness.

The whole ride goes silently both of us in our own world and the soft music playing in the background. I was thinking about how to reject Siddharth sir. Soon we come to stop in front of my house. I get down and turn around to see Ishaan has also got down. " thank you, sir, for the ride" I smile and he just nods and gestures me to go inside. I turn around and as I was about to open the gate and I hear Ishaan calling me " Maanvi" I turn around and Ishaan comes a bit closer to me " you look beautiful today" he says and opens the gate for me to go inside. I wait for him to get in the car and I go inside and I hear the engine started to speed off.

As soon as I open the main door of the house. Jaanvi is standing there like a watchman. I get scared and shout at her." AAAA! why are you standing like a ghost?" jaanu just looks at me with the angry face " what time are you coming home, young lady? " she points a finger at me " and what happened? who dropped and why were you blushing while coming inside"  I try and deny it but she cuts me off " I saw. don't you dare deny it" I should give up fighting her because I know I won't win. " I'll tell you in the morning just sleep for now" I go and change my dress and as soon as I lie on the bed I went into dreamland.   

Hi guys here is another chapter of inked with love. I hope you enjoy this chapter and what do think of both Ishaan and maanvi's white lies. if you have any suggestions leave in the comments I would love to know. don't forget to vote if you like it.

 The book is very close to reaching 1k and thank you to every reader who made this possible, thank you. please stay positive and stay safe.  

lots of love,

Ashley❤