Chapter 1 - Back to school

Roses POV

I was sleeping peacefully until I heard a loud ringing sound, then I remembered I had placed my alarm under my pillow. What was I thinking now I can't go back to sleep. Anyway I got ready for school as I was about to go down the stairs I heard footsteps, it was my mum. "Good morning rose I see you woke up early"she said in a surprised tone."why are you so surprised I woke up early " and then she gave me a really look. ".....Anyways I was hoping I could stop at the shoe store  on the way to school, so I gotta go" I hugged her goodbye and ran down the remaining steps. "Bye dad" I said cheerfully as i ran towards the door "um..Rose you might want to" he was cut off by me screaming in pain after banging in to the door which I supposedly forgot to open "open the door first" he continued. Gigi(roses pet mouse) tugged on my mfinger in hopes of helping me up, I thanked Gigi then stood up and opened the door this time and then ran towards the shoe store.

Hawk's POV

After I woke up and got ready, I was heading to granny's office to get some apples when all of a sudden I heard a voice call me "HAWK wait up" I was startled so I picked up my wand and said "snow magic". When I saw the person I froze immediately apologised and explained myself " um... Fala.. I forgot you lived here..." I said awkwardly "It is ok, I guess your used to being the only one in the castle after all I have been gone for ten years" she replied."Anyway what did you want to ask me?" I asked trying to ease the tension. She smiled mischievously before answering " so you and Rose huh", she smirked and I blushed trying to act clueless "What about us" the she gave me a don't be stupid face."Are you two dating yet" I didn't know what to say "No, not yet at least" I whispered the last part, but I think she could hear me. "Well...um..it was good talking to you...I can't be late Astoria will get mad, bye" I said while running to the door "Bye, but I still think you guys make a cute couple" she said while smiling sweetly and innocently.

Travis's POV

I woke up early to finish the painting of Ling Ling, I was just about to finish the last stroke on her midnight blue hair. Nut(his pet squirrel) jumped on my head, startled I accidentally painted a line of blue across her face "Bad luck beast" I whined. Anyway I'll fix it later I don't want to be late for school. "Let's go Nut, we have to pick up Rose or Astoria will be mad" my phone started ringing then I picked it up "Hello, you don't need to pick me up I am in the shoe store" "I'll meet you there Rose" I replied

Astoria's POV

I woke up at 3AM as always and washed my hair and dried it surprisingly it only took 2 hours. Then I went to the Repunzel castle library tower to study for 30 minutes before heading to regal academy. Vidal(her pet pug) was still sleeping so I carried him to the garden where I usually hang out with the team and laid him on the soft grass next to me, and sat down under the shade of a tree reading a book. "Hey Astoria" a sweet voice said I looked up and saw Shawn "Hi, I thought I was the only one that comes this early" I replied "I couldn't risk being late, especially on the first day of our finale year". OMG he is cute and he likes studying, he even came early I started to blush when I realised what I was thinking. Then there was awkward silence.

Rose's POV (in the shoe store)

"Well if it isn't Rose our favourite customer" the Clark greeted "I think I have a pair of shoes that you will be interested in" eeeek I squealed to myself "pumpkin seeds, can I get then in size 6" I said excitedly as I looked at the shoes "wait actually I want those ones, and these ones and that one but in pink" I saw travis about to enter so I went faster " I want all that rack then, oooh I need this one but do you have it in blue and then those ones in midnight bl.." "Rose lets go we will be late to school" Travis said annoyed "just 5 more minutes" I pleaded with puppy eyes. "Fine" he answered defeated "but I'm sure hawk is really excited to see you" he said smirking. "H...Hawk, actually pack all of the shoes and deliver to my address" I said while taking out my card to pay, then me and Travis left the store and started walking to the portal." Rose I have a question" "yes" I replied smiling sweetly " I know you get allowance but how do you afford all of those shoes you are only 17" Travis asked curiously " well I never told you did i, well my great grandfather was a billionaire and he left all of his money to me when he passed away since him and my dad were in a fight" He was shocked by the story "Wait.. so you are a billionaire, how come you never told us" I just smiled as walked into the alleyway "can I open the portal" he didn't reply he was to shocked by what I told him, so I took the key and opened the door and said the magic words "key of portals open wide in you power I confide manifest the light inside" we walked in "yaaaaaay" I squealed "I said the words right".

Astoria's POV

Me and Shawn just stood there blushing, until Hawk ran over and broke the silence "Hey guys" Hawk said appearing out of nowhere "Hi, your not late" I answered happily. "Hey, I missed you guys" we turned around to see joy and ling ling. "where are Travis and Rose, they do know if they're late my grade could be in danger". "Hey guys I missed you so much" we heard Rose scream with her arms open ready to hug us, after she greeted us she ran and huddled someone. It was Fala hawks older sister "I missed you two Rose...b.ut..can.t....b...r.eathe" she stuttered "sorry, I was just so excited to see guys.

Hawk's POV

I can't believe she hugged Fala and not me I though to myself before looking at Travis, his face was emotionless he seemed shocked. "Um..Rose what happened to Travis" I asked  she smiled innocently before answering "well all I did was answer his question" her smile is so cute I thought to myself "So what did he ask?" Asked Astoria confused "He asked how I could afford all the shoes I bought this morning because I was only 17" she replied innocently "well now I think of it how do you?" Joy chimed in "did you rob someone, I mean why else would Travis be so shocked?" I asked, she laughed "of course not" she replied still laughing "I inherited all of my great grandfathers money who was a billionaire and because my dad and grandfather were cut out of the will I got all his money" "Rose so you're a billionaire" I asked surprised  "talk about being humble" Astoria said. Everyone was shocked and quiet until Rose broke the silence "guys I think we should go to class now". "Oh my grade we're going to be late" Astoria screamed.

I will upload every Thursday, and sometimes on Sunday's if I have finished a chapter earlier. If I don't upload at least one a week I have probably Brocken my phone (it happens a lot I'm clumsy).

Please note this is my first book if it is bad I would really appreciate being told so I can improve. Although English is my first language I am bad at grammar and spelling, So please excuse grammar and spelling mistakes. I hope you enjoy the first chapter please comment any improvements you think I should make. Thanks for reading it means a lot to me.,  and if you can't tell it is Hawk and Rose on the cover and then ambrosia and Adonis in the small circles
bye.  1429 words