thirty seven

Elle McBriar
August 3rd, 4 months and 22 days since the first zombie report

I bit the skin around my thumb nervously as I flipped the pancake. Pumping my fist into the air as it came out successfully. It's so good being able to use an oven and not have to cook everything over an open fire. I was so paranoid I was going to burn my eyebrows off.

I placed stacks of them on the table as Riley eyed it, "Not for you." I pointed.

Riley was in his highchair eating banana and drinking juice as I prepared breakfast. I let Paxton sleep in a little more, along with Gage and Alex who aren't even awake.

My lips tingle every time I think about Paxton. I lifted my forefinger up, patting my lips as I smiled. I need to get him out of my head!

Grabbing 4 plates, 4 cups and 4 pairs of knives and forks, I set the table. I put coffee and juice on the table, heading out to wake up the boys!

I went into our room first. I kneeled on the bed, seeing Paxton's sleeping figure laying halfway across both beds. I kissed his bare chest and moved up to his neck and jawline, until I found his lips, he groaned and kissed me back, "Mmm d-don't stop!" He said in between kisses. His hands went to my ass and I squealed as he pulled me on top of him, again!

Someone's feeling bold this morning. His hands moved up, holding my waist as I pushed my hands onto his chest, "Time for breakfast. We have a long day ahead of us!" I teased, getting of Paxton as he growled.

I knocked on the boys door next, I didn't hear a reply. I opened the door anyway, Gage was asleep with all of the blankets pulled right up to his neck. He looks like a freaking marshmallow. I covered my mouth to stop from laughing, "Gage." I whispered, kicking his leg, "Wake up dummy." I whispered, flicking his forehead as he sleepily opened his eyes. 

"Elle? What the hell? It's so early?" He yawned, "Get up." I warned.

I tapped Alex lightly on the shoulder, he jolted awake, "Sorry, I'm a light sleeper." He yawned, "It's time for breakfast." I shrugged, secretly excited for him to see his pancake stacks.

I left them behind to get changed as I headed into the kitchen again. I saw Paxton playing with Riley, a huge smile on both of their faces. I began cleaning up the kitchen, putting cups in the sink and baking bits away.

"I need to go out today and get some laundry and dish-washing detergent." I said to Paxton, he nodded, "Okay, we'll go after breakfast." He grumbled, "Are you mad at me?" I said innocently, pouting my lip. He grabbed my lip with his fingers, "I'm not mad. I'm annoyed that you left me high and dry." He let my lip go as I pulled it back into my mouth.

Gage and Alex came in, "Happy birthday Alex." I squealed, clapping at his surprised expression, "Woah you made this?" He asked, I nodded excitedly, "Thank you." I jumped and hug him and he hugged me back. He took his seat and served everyone. 

I sat next to Paxton and Riley. A hand on my thigh pulled me out of my thoughts. His fingers roughly rubbed the inside of my thigh, it felt so good. He squeezed my knee and I kicked the table on accident, causing the guys to look at me, "You okay?" Gage asked, "Yeah fine, sorry!" They went back to talking as I glared at Paxton, he smirked, "Keep your hands to yourself." I whispered. His hand trailed up my thigh, closer to my shorts.

I grabbed it and yanked it away, "I'm serious!" I whispered, "So am I. Keep quiet."

I know I couldn't stop him from doing what he wanted so I just went with it, pretending like it didn't bother me. But it did. It really fucking did!

* * * 

After breakfast, Paxton and I headed out, asking Alex for any special requests. He said 'no' but I'm gonna get him something anyway. 

Driving into the actual city of New York, I was quiet the whole way, admiring the scenery. Watching the change of leaves. Aka, Fall!

Paxton parked and got out, I got out too, following closely behind him as he locked the van from behind him, pressing a button. I didn't know it did that...

I gripped his arm which was crossed over his chest. He glanced down at me but I didn't register. I just kept walking. His legs are longer than mine and I wanted to keep up. We made it to the broken square. It's so sad to see the tall towers now on the ground. Broken, never to be fixed again.

I stepped over the ruble, almost slipping and dying a few times. 

We entered a grocery store, still not saying a word to each other. I grabbed a random basket from the floor and gathered it with stuff. Laundry detergent, dish-washing detergent. Chocolate, chips and a few other items we've run out of!

"Do you realise that we could steal all of the money right now and no one would know? Or be able to stop us." Paxton said, walking around. His voice echoed, bouncing off the empty walls.

I picked up two more boxes of pain meds, "Can you get these ones, please." Paxton said, pointing to the ones that said 'strawberry flavored'. I gave him a 'are you serious' look. And he said "I'm serious. It tastes better and makes it easier to swallow!" 

I rolled my eyes and grabbed the strawberry flavored pain meds, chucking them into the basket. "Anything else?" I asked Paxton. He walked around aimlessly, scanning all the shelves til he spotted something. He smirked, "Close your eyes." He said. I did, hearing his footsteps.

"Okay, open." I did and almost choked on air. He put 'extra large condoms' into the basket. I glared at him and threw them away, "You're disgusting!" I laughed, he picked them up and stuffed them into his pocket, "Hey, you never know when I might need them." He said in all seriousness.

"Oh yeah? Who are you fucking? A zombie-ghost?" 
He looked me up and down, "I'm fucking you." 

That time I did choke.

On air!

"Funny." I glared. Walking away from him, I heard his body run towards me, "You can't tell me you don't some of this." I do. I want allll of his. But I'm scared. I've never had sex!

"Elle come on." He smirked, "You know you want too." He wiggled his eyebrows, "I don't know, actually. So stop being immature and lets go!" I snapped, getting annoyed at his antics as I stormed out of the grocery store. 

I waited outside the van for him as he came out empty handed. Except for the literal box of condoms he was carrying. He had an evident smirk on his face as he unlocked the van. I opened the sliding door and chucked the food inside, hopping into the front seat as I waited for him. Crossing my arms and legs, I faced away from him.

He started driving and I was thankful he didn't say anything.

"So you're a virgin huh?" I slapped my forehead, nevermind, "What gave it away?" I said sarcastically, "My inability to kiss or my stupid ramblings about sex?" Paxton laughed, "Neither. It's the fact that you were so surprised when I put condoms in the basket." He said. 

I sighed, feeling heat rise to my cheeks, "Are you mad? T-that I'm a virgin?" I ask suddenly, not controlling my mouth. Paxton stopped the car in the middle of the road, "Are you kidding, Elle? Of course I'm not mad, why would you think that?" He said, looking over at me.

I shrugged, "I don't know. I would've thought you'd want someone more... experienced." He chuckled, "Trust me, Elle. You're going to be fine. When you kiss me, it's enough to turn me on." I felt confidence in myself after he said that. "Don't let it go to your head." 

But I don't even know where we stand?

Too bad my blabber mouth gets extra blabby when she's drunk.

* * * 

hi there!!

thank you so much for reading :)