Chapter 6

He saw Zhan pulling a kid away from the truck, and then falling hard on the pavement. He hurriedly walked towards Zhan to see if he was hurt but his steps were brought to an abrupt halt when he saw something.

'What was that? Why did it----- '

"Ge... I'm sorry... " The kid's cry distracted Yibo's thoughts. So, he ignored what he just saw and hurried towards Zhan.

"Xiao Zhan! Are you alright? " Yibo asked kneeling in front of Zhan.

"Yibo? What are you doing here? " Zhan asked looking at Yibo's face.

"Ge... I'm sorry... " The kid continued crying.

"It's okay... Look I'm fine. " Zhan said smiling at the kid.

"But... Your arm... " The kid sobbed.

"Zhan! It's bleeding. " Yibo yelled looking at Zhan's wound.

"It's fine, Yibo. " Zhan said with a smile.

"What's fine? It'll get infected if not treated. " Yibo said in a stern voice looking at Zhan.

"But, Yibo... This kid seems to be lost. " Zhan said pointing at the lost kid.

"Hey, little one. " Yibo said with a sweet voice which shocked Zhan for a second.

"I'm sorry, Ge... " The kid cried.

"It's fine. Don't cry. " Yibo wiped the kid's tears away.

"Are you lost? " Yibo asked the kid and the kid nodded.

"Where are your parents? Do you remember where you live? " Yibo asked.

The kid shook his head and started crying again.

"It's okay... Come here. " Zhan said opening his arms for the kid. He hugged the kid and patted his back to console him. The scene melted Yibo's heart. He just stood there looking at Zhan with a small smile on his face.

"What's your name? " Zhan asked.

"Wen Yuan... A-Yuan... " The kid said in between sobs.

"A-Yuan, where had you been? How did you get lost? " Zhan asked in a soft voice.

"Mommy... and I... were standing at the bus... stop... but... I followed a butterfly... and I got lost... I... don't know... where Mommy... is... " A-Yuan said in between sobs.

"A-Yuan, do you remember your mom's phone number? " Yibo asked caressing the kids soft cheeks. The scene melted Zhan's heart. He just stood there looking at Yibo with a small smile on his face.

"Yes... But I don't have... a phone. " A-Yuan said.

"Ge has one! " Yibo said waving his phone in front of A-Yuan's face which made A-Yuan smile brightly.

"Tell me your mom's number. " Yibo asked and the kid said his mom's number. Thankfully it was the right number and the lady came there within a minute. She hugged her kid tight as tears ran down her face. She thanked the two young man.

"Thank you soo much. " The lady said.

"No, ma'am. That's fine. " Zhan said with a smile and Yibo nodded.

"A-Yuan, thank them. " The lady said.

"Thanks, Ge. " A-Yuan said looking at Zhan and Yibo with a smile.

"A-Yuan never run into the streets like you did today. You'll get hurt if you do that. Understood? " Zhan asked.

"Yes. " The child nodded with a smile.