Chapter 42

"Wang Yibo! "
Zhan let out a sharp scream.
His body became weak and soulless. His vision blurred and his heart threatened to stop.

He wanted to run towards Yibo and save him or atleast wanted to die with him.

He was about to run when an unseen force chained him to the ground making it impossible for him to move his legs. Zhan tried and tried hard but he wasn't able to move no matter what.

Tears flooded his eyes as the thought of seeing his love's death blinded his senses. He didn't want to lift his head and look at his love dying in front of him, but he still did lift his head so as to look at him for one last time.

Yibo had his eyes shut tight and was holding onto the stearing tight. He looked scared and terrified. Scared because he'll be leaving his Zhan alone in this world and terrified because he wasn't sure what the future holds for Zhan.

The truck was now just half a meter away from Yibo.

"Wang Yibo! Get out! "
Zhan yelled.

"Yibo... " He shouted and tried to move but it didn't work.

Yibo could hear Zhan clearly but he didn't open his eyes to look at Zhan because the only thing that he wants to remember is his Zhan's smiling face and not his tears.

"Wang Yibo! Please! " Zhan broke down.

The truck was about to hit the car and Zhan unconsciously closed his eyes and collapsed on the ground.

He felt weak, nauseous and terrible. He wanted to die. Life without Yibo is something that is impossible for Zhan to live.

Seconds passed but Zhan didn't hear the sound of the crash and neither did Yibo.

Yibo's brows knitted when nothing happened and that's when he realised something. He slowly opened his eyes and looked at the truck which was just inches away from his car and saw how three reapers stood in between the truck and his car, trying to push the truck away from the car.

Yibo let out the breath which he didn't realise he was holding. He looked up and saw Yeo standing in front of his car.

*thud*

Yeo hit the car in the front which made the jammed doors open automatically.

Zhan who heard the banging sound quickly opened his eyes and that's when his sight landed on Yeo and the other three reapers. Yes, Zhan could now see them.

"Come out, quick! " Yeo said.

Yibo nodded and quickly dashed out of the car. He ran towards Zhan and helped him up as he pulled him to a safer distance away from the two vehicles.

"Yibo! " Zhan hugged Yibo tight as he started hitting his chest.

"How could you do that? You cheat. How could you? Do you think I would have survived if something had happened to you? " He cried.

Yibo gave a low chuckle as he heaved a sigh of relief. He held Zhan's hands which were banging his chest and hugged him tight.

"I'm sorry, Zhan. I'm really very sorry. I just didn't know what to do. " Yibo said as he kissed Zhan's head.

"I hate you. " Zhan sobbed.

"I love you too. " Yibo said.

A loud crash was heard and that's when they broke the hug and looked at how the truck hit Yibo's car and then stopped. Yibo's car was totally destroyed due to the hit.

Tears flowed down Zhan's eyes as he saw the state of Yibo's car. He was sure that Yibo wouldn't have survived the hit he was in the car. Just imagining the situation made him nauseous.