Chapter 8

Yibo woke up earlier than usual the next day. He stood in the balcony attached to his room, leaning against the railing as he lifted his face towards the sky, to let the cold breeze mixed with the first rays of the sun hit his face. He closed his eyes to imagine the beautiful face which has the power to drain down all his worries, and it worked.

Yibo was worrying about the dream that he had the previous night. But, imagining Zhan's smiling face faded all his worries. He smiled to himself as he opened his eyes.

"I miss him already. " Yibo chuckled as he walked back in. He took out a pair of jeans and tee from his closet and neatly placed them on his bed before heading towards the bathroom to have a warm shower.

He quickly dressed himself as he hurried out. Haikuan was in the kitchen preparing breakfast.

"Ge! I'm leaving. " Yibo yelled from the living room.

"Wait! Breakfast will be prepared soon. " Haikuan yelled back from the kitchen.

"No, ge. That's fine. I'm running late already. " Yibo said while tying his shoe lays.

"It's just 8:30, Yibo. Your classes starts only at 10. " Haikuan said coming out of the kitchen.

"I have a special class, ge. It's very important. I'll see you later. " With that said Yibo ran out of the house without waiting for Haikuan's reply.

"This little brat! What's up with him? He looks really happy. " Haikuan smiled to himself.

Yibo quickly ran towards the intersection where he was supposed to meet with Zhan. Seeing that Zhan wasn't there yet Yibo heaved a sigh of relief as he stopped running.

Yibo stood there leaning against a light post, waiting for Zhan. His eyes was fixed on the right side of the road from where Zhan was supposed to come.

Five minutes later, Yibo saw a beautiful silhouette approaching in his direction and he immediately knew who it was. A smile arose on his face as he stood straight waiting for him.

Zhan jogged towards Yibo with a beautiful smile on his face.

"Did I make you wait too long? " Zhan asked.

"No, I just arrived. " Yibo said with a smile on his face.

"Shall we get going then? " Zhan asked.

"Yes. " Yibo nodded.

They both slowly walked towards the bus stop.

'Age- 70, Cause of death- Exhaustion. '
Zhan saw the death of a old rag collector lady. He felt bad for her and he really wanted to help her.

"What's wrong? What are you looking at? " Yibo asked Zhan.

"Ah... It's nothing. " Zhan covered it up with a smile.

'I can't let Yibo know my skills. What if he distances himself from me if he gets to know that I'm not ordinary and that I have a creepy supernatural power? No, I can't let that happen. I can't even imagine what's going to happen to me if Yibo ignores me. ' Zhan thought.

'He's the person who's making me feel alive again, after years. I don't want to lose him. I want him to stay next to me, always. I don't know what this feeling exactly is, but I want him. I'll never lose him. I don't know what's gonna happen to me if that happens. Wang Yibo, please don't leave me, no matter what. ' Zhan thought as he turned towards Yibo to look at his face.

"What's wrong, Zhan? " Yibo halted his steps to look at Zhan's face.

"It's nothing. " Zhan smiled and turned to leave but Yibo held his hand stopping his movement.

Yibo walked forward, he leaned towards Zhan as he cupped his face in his hands. Zhan titled his face as he closed his eyes to enjoy the warmth provided by Yibo's soft palms.

"Don't hide anything from me, Zhan. " Yibo said in a whisper.

Zhan slowly opened his eyes to look back into Yibo's beautiful black orbs.

"Will you promise me something? " Zhan asked.

"What do you want? " Yibo asked gently caressing Yibo's soft cheeks.

"Promise me that... You'll never leave me. " Zhan said placing his hands over Yibo's hands which are caressing his cheeks.

Zhan's words made Yibo's heart race. He felt soo happy, so soo happy that his happiness was beyond explanation.

"I'll never leave you, Zhan. Never. No matter what happens in the future, I'll always stay by your side. Even your shadow might leave you when there's no light, but I'll always stay beside you. I'll stay in the front and sheild you at times of danger and I'll stay at the back and protect you always. " Yibo said looking into Zhan's eyes.

"I don't want that, Yibo. " Zhan said.

"What do you want then? " Yibo asked.

"I don't want you to shield me or protect me. " Zhan said.

"Mm? " Yibo asked caressing Zhan's soft hair.

"Just... Just stay beside me. Walk with me side by side. I just want to see you, no matter which side I turn to. Just walk beside me, Yibo. " Zhan said looking at Yibo's face as tears made his vision blurry.

"I promise, Zhan. I'll always stay beside you. I'll never leave you. I'll always be there no matter which side you turn to. " Yibo said.

'I'll never leave you, Zhan. I can never leave you, because it feels as if my life has started to completely depend on you. You make me feel alive, Zhan. You are like a life supporter to me and I don't know what's going to happen to me if that life supporter is removed. '

Zhan smiled at Yibo and Yibo smiled back.

"Shall we go now? " Yibo asked and Zhan nodded. They walked to the bus stop. The bus soon arrived and they boarded it. They sat next to each other as always. But, they didn't speak much this time. They just sat there, stealing glances. They got off the bus as they arrived at their University.

The students had the same reaction as before. But they were completely ignored by them. Zhan and Yibo walked together. Yibo walked Zhan to his block and Zhan didn't object.

"I'll get going then. " Yibo said as they stood in front of Zhan's classroom.

"I'll see you later, Yibo. " Zhan said with a small smile.

"I'll wait for you in front of that big tree outside. " Yibo said and Zhan nodded with a smile.

Zhan turned around and walked away. Yibo still stood there to see Zhan safely get into the class. Zhan halted his steps as he turned around. He saw Yibo again and smiled at him, as he waved him a bye.

Yibo widened his eyes as soon as he saw Zhan turn. It wasn't because he was surprised at Zhan's behavior, it was because he saw something. But he covered up his reaction as he smiled at Zhan and waved back to him.

Yibo stood there even though Zhan had disappeared now. His heart was beating at a high speed as an anxious wave hit his body.

'What was that? What did I just see? I'm sure I saw a number as soon as he turned. But, what was that number? Yes! I remember, it was number 24. But why did I see that number? What does that mean? '

Yibo was deep in thought when he turned back to leave, and that's when he collided with that certain someone whom he recognized as Zhan's friend Zhuocheng.

"I'm sorry. " Yibo said and was about to leave without waiting for Zhuocheng's reply when he saw something that made him halt his steps.

'24? Why's that number printed on his tee? What's that supposed to mean? '