Chapter 39

Yibo slowly opened his eyes as the early rays of the sun knocked on his windows. To be honest, he barely slept the previous night.

He was in a situation where in he wasn't sure what was going to happen. He was afraid of losing Zhan and at the same time he was scared of leaving Zhan alone in this cruel world.

He stayed awake the whole night and thought and analysed the situation. He stuck a sheet of paper to the wall as he wrote and drew the possible outcomes. He successfully came up with a few solutions but he wasn't sure if that would work.

But, he had made up his mind to over come his fears and to face the challenges with confidence. He might not be as powerful as he was back then, but he can go to any extent if it is for his Zhan.

Yibo sat on the bed and rubbed his face with his palms.

"You can do it, Yibo. You can win. You'll win. " He encouraged himself.

"Just remember your Zhan's smile and that's enough to boost up your confidence and to burn the urge to fight and win. " He said with a smile as Zhan's smiling face played in his mind.

"Zhan... Neither will I leave nor will I let you leave. Let's fight and win. " Yibo nodded to himself as he got off the bed and headed towards the bathroom.

........................................................................

Zhan stood in the balcony as he lifted his head and faced the sky allowing the cool breeze he caress his soft skin.

He took a deep breath and looked at the birds that chirped and flew together happily.
That was when his sight fell on the two love birds that cuddled each other.

His clips curved up as he gave a low chuckle when the face of his man flashed in his mind.
'Just like me and you. '
He thought.

"Yibo... I'll never leave you nor will I ever let you leave. " Zhan whispered to himself.

"I may not be as strong as I was back then, but I can cross any limits when it comes to you. " Zhan said as he tightened his grip on Chenqing which he was holding in his right hand.

He turned back and headed to his room and saw the mess that he had created. Crumpled and torn sheet of papers lay all over the floor.

Neither Zhan did get any sleep the previous night. He was busy composing new tones so as to show his and his Chenqing's abilities to the world.

"Yiling Laozu may be gone. But Xiao Zhan is still here. He'll save his Yibo from whatever it is, no matter what. " Zhan said as he carefully placed Chenqing on his bed and started cleaning up the mess.

He later headed towards the bathroom and took a quick shower.
He got ready and went out of his room. Lu was busy cooking breakfast in the kitchen.

"Jie... " Zhan called her.

She turned around to face Zhan and walked towards him with a smile on her face.

"Good morning. " She said.
"Guess you didn't sleep even for a second last night. "

"I'm sorry if I disturbed you. " Zhan said.

Lu stayed silent and just looked at her brother's face as she caressed his cheek.

"Fight and win. My brother will never accept defeat. Show the world who you are. I trust you, A-Zhan. I know that you'll win this. Don't let me down. " Lu said.

Zhan looked at his sister's face as tears welled up his eyes.

"I won't, Jie. Trust me. I'll win this no matter what. Get ready with some money. " Zhan chuckled.