Chapter 19

'Men in black with red envelope in their hand... Kids... And... Zhan... '
Yibo remembered his dream.

'No!
Zhan is in danger! '

Yibo looked at the running Zhan and then he looked at those men in black who jerked a bit on meeting his eyes.

"Zhan! Stop running. Xiao Zhan! " Yibo shouted as he took hurried steps towards Zhan.

But Zhan wasn't in that state of mind where he could listen to Yibo.

'I gotta save Zhan. '
Yibo thought as he knitted his brows with a determined look on his face.

'I gotta save those kids. '
Zhan thought as he ran towards the school van.

Yibo walked forward with longer strides and was about to reach Zhan when his steps were brought to an abrupt halt by something which he couldn't see. Yibo was soo confused as to what was happening around him.

He tried lifting his feet and it seemed as though they were stuck inside the ground. He tried harder to lift them, but he failed and that's when he looked down at his feet.

A black smoke had covered up both his legs and it felt as if his legs were being chained. Yibo made another effort to move his legs and that's when the ground below him started to turn white.

He lifted his head and that's when he noticed that the entire surrounding had turned to pure white. Yibo felt very confused and also frustrated at the same time.

"Who the hell are you? "
Yibo shouted as he tried to scan his surroundings.

"Show yourself. "
Yibo yelled when he received no response.

"It's a mind game. "
Yibo heard a voice whisper next to his ear and he suddenly felt cold at that side of his body.

"What? " Yibo asked in a confused tone and that's when the white surrounding disappeared and he was back on the road. Zhan was still running towards the school van.

Yibo knitted his brows and was ready to run towards Zhan when he heard that whisper again.

"Cause of death- Guilt. "

"What? " Yibo yelled as he turned around. But he was only able to catch a glimpse of a black smoke which disappeared into thin air right before his eyes.

Yibo quickly turned towards Zhan and he noticed a car at it's full speed approaching in Zhan's direction.

'Shit! '
Yibo cursed.

He ran towards Zhan as his brain contemplated the situation.

'Mind game.
Cause of death- guilt. '
Yibo thought as he ran towards Zhan.

'Yes, I think I know the answer. If Zhan runs to save the kids, the driver in the car that's approaching in Zhan's direction might suddenly turn the stearing so as to avoid hitting Zhan and that's how the school bus gets hit instead and that's how the kids die in the accident. Zhan just saw their cause of death, but this is a mind game. If the kids die because of Zhan, Zhan will for sure harm himself due to guilt. '
Yibo analysed the whole plot as he ran towards Zhan as quickly as he could.

'If I stop Zhan now, I'll be saving both the kids and Zhan. '
Yibo thought.

Yibo quickly made his way towards Zhan and pulled Zhan back and wrapped him in his embrace before the car could change it's direction and hit the van.

The car slightly moved to avoid them, but they were quick enough to move aside so as to let the car pass without any obstruction.

Yibo pulled Zhan to the safer corner of the road and Zhan didn't protest.