Chapter 16

Haikuan stood there, staring at Zhan with a bewildered look on his face, which made both Zhan and Yibo stare back at him with a confused look on their faces.

"Ge, what's wrong? " Yibo asked Haikuan and that question brought him out of daze.

"Ah? Ah... It's nothing, Yibo. " Haikuan smiled.
"This is? " Haikuan asked looking at Zhan.

"Ge... This is Xiao Zhan.... He's..... " Yibo trailed off not knowing how to introduce Zhan to his brother.

"The one who brought back that smile on your face, right? " Haikuan asked with a smile.

Yibo looked at Haikuan and nodded with a wide smile.

"That's right, ge. He's the one, for whom my heart beats. " Yibo said looking at Zhan's face which made Zhan blush.

"That's nice to hear, Yibo. I'm really very happy for you. " Haikuan said.
"It's a pleasure to meet you, Zhan. "
Haikuan said as he extended his hand for a handshake with Zhan.

"Pleasure is mine. " Zhan said as he shook hands with Haikuan.

"Did you guys have dinner? Aren't you hungry? " Haikuan asked.

"No, I'm fine. " Zhan said.

"So am I. " Yibo said and Haikuan nodded.

"Shall we get going then? " Haikuan asked and the couple nodded.

Haikuan took the stearing while Zhan and Yibo sat in the back passengers seat.

"Drop us at that intersection near our house, ge. I'll walk Zhan home and then be back. " Yibo said and Haikuan nodded with a smile.

"You need not do that, Yibo. I can go alone. " Zhan protested.

"Yibo will never let Zhan walk alone. " Yibo said with a smile and Zhan couldn't help but smile back.

Haikuan started the engine and they quickly drove off.

Yibo and Zhan got off at the intersection while Haikuan drove back home.

Yibo held Zhan's hand and they both slowly walked towards Zhan's home.

The moon shone bright, and the tiny little stars adored the dark sky. The cool night wind blew softly, as the streetlights lit their way.

"I don't like to walk alone. " Zhan said without looking at Yibo.

"You'll never, as you'll always have me by your side. " Yibo said as he tightened the grip on Zhan's hand.

"Yibo... " Zhan said.

"Mm? " Yibo asked.

"I love you. " Zhan said as he turned his head to glance at Yibo's handsome face.

"I love you too. " Yibo said looking into Zhan's beautiful black orbs.

Neither of them uttered a single word after that as they slowly walked towards Zhan's house.

On reaching Zhan's place, they both halted their steps, and stood there in front of Zhan' house, facing each other.

"Walking with you, under this dazzling night sky is now one of the most beautiful moments of my life. "
Zhan said looking at Yibo.

"I'll make sure that you'll experience many such beautiful moments throughout your life. " Yibo said.

"How I wish my house was a little farther away so that I could walk with you for a bit longer. " Zhan chuckled.

"Why don't you walk me home then?
I'll drop you back later. " Yibo chuckled and Zhan laughed.

Zhan suddenly took a step towards Yibo and cupped his face, as he left a small peck on Yibo's lips.