Chapter 32

The darkness prevailed and the sun never rose again. Wangji was still breathing and his heart was still beating, even though it was shattered into a million pieces now.

His eyes never left that dark pit of the endless cliff, wishing for his Wei Ying to appear in front of him again. But, Wei Ying never came back.

Wangji cried bitterly, his hand clenched his chest to ease the pain which felt as if a thousand daggers had pierced into his heart. But, no matter what he did, the pain never subsided.

"Wei Ying... Come back... " Wangji called for his love who failed to listen to his cries.

Wangji sat on his knees, his head hung low as his tears rained on the hard rock bottom.

"Let's go! Let's seize the burial grounds and kill the remaining Wens! " They yelled.

Wangji took a deep breath and wiped his tears as he stood up on his weak legs.

"Don't worry, Wei Ying. I won't let anyone touch what belongs to you. " Lan Wangji said as he hurried over to the burial grounds to save and protect the remaining memories of his love.

He quickly flew over to the burial grounds and stopped the men from destroying the place. It was where his Wei Ying resided, that place carried his memories, so Wangji wanted to protect it at all costs.

He opposed and fought with everyone who tried to seize the place. He didn't even spare the seniors of his own clan. He stood as one against the all. After protecting the place, he went in search for any remains of his Wei Ying there, but what he found was a sick and weak three year old Wen Yuan who had fallen unconscious.

He remembered how much Wei Wuxian loved Wen Yuan. He knew how important the kid was to Wei Wuxian. That was when he decided to take Wen Yuan to Cloud Recess and to insisted on raising him as a member of the Gusu Clan.

Wen Yuan had forgotten all the memories of his past due to grief, fear and fever. He had even forgot Wei Wuxian. Wangji changed his name to Lan Yuan and decided to take care of him.

But, as Wangji had fought with and injured 33 seniors of his own clan in order to protect the memories of his Wei Ying, his uncle was very furious about his actions.

That resulted in him getting whipped for 33 times as a punishment.
His uncle asked him whether he had realised his mistake and repent for taking stand for the evil, but he was taken aback by Wangji's answer.

"I dare ask uncle, who's right? Who's wrong? Who's white? Who's dark? "

Who's white? Who's dark? "

His uncle became very angry and asked him to repent in the Cold Pond Cave, and was grounded in the back hill for three years.