6

BLOODLINES
— 6. Ill Wishing

 Underneath the castle, Marie stood with Harry, both of them holding swords

Underneath the castle, Marie stood with Harry, both of them holding swords. Marie tightly grabbed the handle of the sword, looking down at the blade with a weird look on her face. "This sword is blunt," She complained, looking uneasy as Harry swung his sword downwards at her.

She quickly lifted her blade, blocking his form of attack so easily that it even impressed Harry. However, he wasn't going to admit that out loud. Not yet, at least.

She retracted her sword and swung at him, using two hands to grasp the handle.

Harry blocked her attack and smiled down at her as their blades deadlocked. He used one hand to hold his sword, clearly trying to show off.

"They both are," Harry replied as Marie smiled back at her, "We wouldn't want you cutting yourself now, would we?"

"Oh, don't flatter yourself, love. I could still hurt with this..." She trailed off, tilting her head as she gave him a daring look, "Even without the sword. You and I both know it."

"You do have a point there," Harry admitted before pushing all his weight against his blade.

Marie grunted, stumbling back before she steadied herself. She straightened her back up, watching Harry closely as he circled her with his sword pointed downwards.

He purposely yelled out as he raised his sword and swung at her once more. Marie ended up blocking his blade with hers and pushed them until both blades were pointed downwards.

Harry sighed, trying to hide his defeat as he turned to glance at Marie, who smiled at him tauntingly. Their faces were just inches apart and Harry smirked slightly as he glanced down at her. "I could so easily kiss you right now," He whispered to her almost seductively.

"You won't, though," Marie replied, continuing to smile at him tauntingly.

"And why's that?" Harry asked in a whisper, continuing to gradually lean forward.

"Because..." The Burgundian girl trailed off and as her lips brushed against hers, Marie roughly elbowed him by the gut.

Harry grunted as he stumbled backward, clutching his gut. He bent forward slightly. "Okay..." He managed to get out, grunting in pain, "You had me there."

Marie smiled at him daringly, pointing the tip of her sword at him as she walked around him. Finally, Harry recovered and wasted no time slashing at her with his sword.

She deflected it before pressing her own blade against his throat. Harry laughed lowly, arching his back as he tried to avoid getting cut with the blunt sword. "And here I thought you couldn't get any more exquisite. Who knew a woman with a sword would be so damn beautiful," he flirted, earning an annoyed look from Marie.