22

BLOODLINES
— 22. The Start of Another Chapter

    The following day, at the Privy Council meeting, the nobles argued as Harry sat comfortably in his father's former seat, leaning back slightly in his chair

Charlie sat to his left, where Kathy used to sit as a member of the Privy Council. Kathy, on the other hand, now sat at the other end of the table at the head, where her grandmother once sat as the second-in-command of the president of the Privy Council, second only to the king himself.

Lord Stafford and Thomas Boleyn were standing, arguing about the whole ordeal that happened regarding Dudley.

Kathy watched silently, taking in everything that was happening while Harry looked bored. Charlie glanced around, clearly new to it all. However, out of the three of them, it was clear that Kathy was the most experienced. After all, despite it being a shock, Kathy had attended far more Privy Council meetings than Harry ever did.

"I, for one, question the measures implemented by this man, Dudley—" Sir Thomas began to argue, only to be interrupted by Lord Stafford.

"Oh, as I recall, you were in favor—" Lord Staffrd argued back but before he could finish, Harry had slammed his hand down on the table.

"Silence!" He yelled at the men in a loud, powerful tone, not even noticing that Catherine had entered the room, "All of you. You are like a room full of bees," He paused, looking across the table to see Wolsey standing near Kathy's seat, reading a book in his hand, "Wolsey, why don't you buzz like the rest of them?"

Wolsey closed his book and looked over at Harry calmly. "Because I know my guilt, Your Grace. I knew the levies were unjust, but I did nothing, because I wished to curry favor with the king and with his mother. As we all did."

"What about me?" Kathy complained as she looked up at Wolsey, "I never did. Not for a second. I openly disagreed many times."

"I should hang the lot of you," Harry told the men and Kathy shook her head.

"You wouldn't dare," Kathy spoke up calmly and Harry smiled slightly at his sister.

"And why's that?" Harry retorted with an attitude, "As I recall, you're not king, sister. I am."

Not knowing that Harry wasn't being serious and was only playfully taunting his sister, Margaret moved closer to Harry with a desperate look on her face. "Spoken like a true king, Harry."

"Oh, here we go," Kathy rolled her eyes as everyone in the room but she and Harry stood up to bow their heads to the woman, "Who let her in?"

"And you should start by casting out that harlot from the palace," Margaret continued on as she angrily pointed at Catherine.

"Leave," Harry insisted and everyone but Kathy obeyed as Margaret continued on with her rant.

"She is not a maid," Margaret ranted and Kathy continued to sit down while even Harry stood up, "She is a liar and a fortune hunter. She cannot be your queen. It is against God's law. You brought evil to this great house the day you came here—" She began snap at Margaret while Kathy smiled in amusement.