9

BLOODLINES
—9.  Responsibility

   In the gardens at Westminster, Harry and Charlie stood together, shirtless as they played a game together

   In the gardens at Westminster, Harry and Charlie stood together, shirtless as they played a game together. Many people watched on, clapping for the prince and his friend. Ladies giggled as they watched on, blushing at the two handsome men.

"Right," Charlie stated as he threw his ball and turned to his friend, "Better that."

"I will," He replied as he picked up his own ball, "Let me show you how to throw."

Charlie laughed and rolled his eyes at his friend. However, his smile faded and he felt uneasy when he saw Kathy moving toward them, looking unhappy.

In any other case, Charlie would have been happy to see her approaching. After all, usually, she liked to join them in such games. However, just by the look on her face, Charlie knew Kathy's sudden arrival meant nothing good.

"Incoming," Charlie whispered to Harry, who gave him a weird look.

"Harry, I need to speak with you," Kathy suddenly spoke up and just like Charlie, when Harry turned to see the look on his sister's face, he knew the same thing Charlie did. One of them was about to be yelled at.

"About what?" Harry asked his sister in an annoyed tone as he dropped his ball on the ground, "I'm kind of busy."

"Who would you rather speak to? Me or our Lady Grandmother?" Kathy retorted with an attitude, "She sent me here to speak with you, but if you'd like, you may speak to her instead."

"Bitch," Harry muttered under his breath, causing Charlie to smile and shake his head.

Harry sighed in annoyance and began to walk toward Kathy. Briefly, the Tudor girl turned her head and gazed at Charlie, who smirked at her.

"I'm right here, not over there," Harry suddenly spoke up, causing Kathy to snap out of her thoughts as she turned to look back at her brother.

"Enough of this charade you're playing with Catherine. You cannot marry her, brother," Kathy argued in a stern tone.

"We cannot let so valuable a princess go to waste. We need the Spanish treaty, especially since one day, Lady Grandmother and Father will be gone and you and I will be in power of this country. If we don't keep her while we still can, France will grab her, and then fat King Louis would use all that Spanish gold to use against us or to push me from my throne, when I inherit it from Father. You and I both know there's a chance that it's Louis who musters men against us."