10

BLOODLINES
—10. Betrothal

  That night, Kathy was walking through the hallways at Westminster, only to stop when she spotted Charlie from afar, walking with a few other men of the court

The moment Charlie locked eyes on her, he smiled. He told something to the men he was walking with before he walked in the direction of Kathy.

Charlie followed her into the courtyard and when Kathy stopped walking, Charlie tried to kiss her, only to have Kathy reject him. "Whatever this is between us, we mustn't do it anymore," She complained and Charlie smiled in amusement, clearly not taking her seriously.

And he had every reason to feel that way. She was always ending their secret affair, only to come back to him sooner or later for him to warm her bed.

"I have a duty as a Princess of England. I must marry for the sake of my country," Kathy continued on and Charlie couldn't help but laugh as he grabbed ahold of her hand.

"You've been spending too much time with your lady grandmother," He whispered to him softly.

"I'm serious," Kathy argued in a stern tone, but still, she allowed him to hold her hand, which showed both of them that she wished what she was saying weren't true.

"So you're saying there will be no more of this..." Charlie trailed off, grabbing Kathy by the waist before pulling her closer. He pressed his lips against hers, "Or this..." He trailed off again and kissed her on the neck.

He slowly pulled away, smiling down at Kathy, who smiled back at him. He grabbed her by the hand before leading her to a secret place in the courtyard.

He lightly pushed her against the wall, kissing her once on the lips. He began to kiss down her jaw and neck, his hands finding its way underneath the skirt of her dress.

Kathy smiled, a mischievous look on her face as she lowered her hands to his pants, beginning to unbutton them. "Duties can wait," she told him, causing them both to laugh before they kissed once more.

_____

Morning time soon came around and Marie, without the royal family knowing, began to sneak through the streets of London, wearing a hooded cloak.

Just then, she suddenly froze, her eyes widening in alarm when she saw Harry standing before her.

"And here I thought you weren't allowed outside of the castle," Harry taunted her and as Marie opened her mouth to tell him why, he cut her off, "I honestly don't care why you're out here without guards. Come on. We're going hunting."

Despite feeling hesitant, Marie nodded and wasted no time following after Harry.

____