11

BLOODLINES
—11. Moral of the Story

 Days had passed and it was morning time

Days had passed and it was morning time. Henry stood in the hallway when Harry walked up to him, deliberately picking a fight with his father after what happened with Marie. "How dare you challenge me?" Henry asked his son in disbelief, "It was your mother's dying wish. Does that mean nothing to you?"

"She was dying!" Harry shouted at his father, trying to convince him not to marry Marie, "She was in agony!"

"And you would put yourself ahead of the queen's command?" Henry questioned Harry with an attitude.

"No. I think you asked this from her," Harry accused his father, pointing a finger at him as Henry groaned and rolled his eyes, "Why would her final wish be to take away my happiness?"

"You always think everything is happening to you," Henry complained in an aggravated tone.

"No, I think, Father, that you are jealous—" Harry began to tell Henry, who scoffed and rolled his eyes at his son's dramatics, "jealous of my confidence and my courage. And I think you seek to take away the one thing I truly desire."

Harry shot his father a glare, just before storming off without another word said.

When he was out of sight, Margaret finally walked up to her son. "What did we do to make him as he did?" He complained, sighing in defeat, "As if this wasn't already hard enough."

"For once in my life, I find myself agreeing with your late wife, God rest her soul," Margaret told Henry, who hummed in response, "I now see the wisdom in this union with this girl. She's been our ward for nine years. It was well past the time to make use of this wardship," She paused, gesturing in the direction that Harry had fled in, "I'll soothe our hothead. You go and see your new wife-to-be."

Henry frowned, watching as Margaret began to walk away with a folded letter in her grasp. "Uh, is this for me?"

"Sir Richard Pole left it for me because I refused to see him. He pleads for his wife's return, no doubt," She informed Henry, who went to take it from her grasp, only to be cut off as she crumbled it up.

He frowned at her, which Margaret was quick to notice. "She disobeyed our rule, Henry. I will not have that," She complained and Henry was quick to speak up.

"There is something you should know, though."

"What may that be?" Margaret scoffed, turning to glance over at her son.

"The betrothal between Princess Catherine and Harry will stand," Henry informed, much to Margaret's frustration. Margaret opened her mouth to argue, only to have Henry argue, "There's no need to argue, Mother. It has already been decided and it's final. Not even you can change that."